This is probably a really silly thing to worry about

(12 Posts)
Deckmyballs Thu 12-Jun-14 21:01:16

But i viewed pups at 2 weeks old and chose mine - yay! Now I chose first and therefore chose the most sought after one (in terms of coat) BUT what are the chances the breeder somehow for some reason switches them?? Is this likely?? I realise I may be being unreasonable but can't shake this thought out my head! confused

everlong Thu 12-Jun-14 21:18:13

Is the breeder keeping one?
If so I'm surprised she let you choose first.

Deckmyballs Thu 12-Jun-14 21:20:02

No she has no plans to keep one. She keeps saying she is swithering about it but I'm confident that's just casual 'aren't they adorable' chat!

everlong Thu 12-Jun-14 21:30:41

What's swithering? Typo? grin

Have you took a photo of the pup you want? Is it uniquely marked?

What breed are they <broody>

Deckmyballs Thu 12-Jun-14 21:59:28

Swithering = finding it hard to decide blush

No real prominent marks, the pup did have 2 little circles beside the nose where the hair changed direction (like a quiff/cows lick) but these are noticeable anymore! sad

It's a labradoodle smile

coffeeinbed Thu 12-Jun-14 22:36:44

they should have marked the pup.
nail polish will do.
Otherwise you'll never know.

Deckmyballs Thu 12-Jun-14 22:39:13

She has put a coloured collar on buffo have an (irrational) fear she might switch them! This won't happen tho right?!

coffeeinbed Thu 12-Jun-14 22:42:19

When I got my puppy they didn't put a mark and I can only hope it was the same puppy I took home.

And it turned out perfect.

Floralnomad Thu 12-Jun-14 23:39:43

If you've chosen based on coat it won't be relevant anyway as you can't tell what type of coat doodles will end up with until they are older .

Deckmyballs Fri 13-Jun-14 09:46:02

I realise that however it's best to go with the curlier so I've heard.

Also we just love her personality too! Fallen hook line and sinker

littlewhitebag Fri 13-Jun-14 11:07:40

Our breeder got people to come to collect their pups in the order they were put on the waiting list. We knew we would get a female but 3 had been taken by the time we arrived and we had 3 to choose from (it was an enormous litter of 12!). It worked well and we adore our choice.

mygrandchildrenrock Fri 13-Jun-14 21:09:16

My puppy was micro-chipped while with the breeder, and on the day we chose her, she was scanned by the breeder and we were given her mirco chip number. A friend of mine is a breeder and always puts coloured soft collars on her puppies as they are sold.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now