Ever used a dog sitting/house sitting service?

(8 Posts)
Petrasmumma Thu 12-Jun-14 11:09:41

We were looking into being house sitters for those with dogs needing in-house care this summer, feel a bit in the dark about which agencies are worth joining and what the potential problems are.

If anyone has used one of these services or been a sitter themselves, I would appreciate a comment. Thanks smile

desertmum Thu 12-Jun-14 21:25:02

we used animal aunts this year - the woman who looked after our dogs, cats, chickens and house was fab. All the sitters are checked etc, and I felt very relaxed when I left the house. I would think it is a good money earner as it was pretty expensive. If I didn't have all my lot I would think about doing it. It's a good way to see a bit more of UK too.

There is also another site (can't remember the name) where sitters advertise and travel to different countries to animal and house sit.

If you google dog sitters lots of sites pop up.

Petrasmumma Fri 13-Jun-14 07:08:16

Thanks desertmum. We joined an agency and the assignments that drew us in are no longer accepting applicants which set the bells ringing about the whole process. Will check the ones you mentioned. smile

SpicyPear Fri 13-Jun-14 07:37:36

Are you anywhere near London?

Petrasmumma Fri 13-Jun-14 08:22:28

Yes, we certainly are smile.

SpicyPear Fri 13-Jun-14 08:28:26

Very Important Pets were advertising for home pet sitters. Based in sw London but cover all of it.

Petrasmumma Fri 13-Jun-14 08:31:17

Thank you!

Petrasmumma Fri 13-Jun-14 08:43:28

Thanks for the information. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now