weeing and drinking a lot

(6 Posts)
saddog Thu 05-Jun-14 18:03:14

hi my border collie is nearly 11 , have noticed the last week he has been drinking and weeing a lot,its not like wee its colourless and has no smell , he wakes me every night to go out , lost a bit of weight ,which he could do with as he was fat , eyes have a blue tinge , got a few little lumps round his neck,and a few big ones on his side , other than that seems alert , happy , still eating the same just slower, do you think its worth a vet visit or just old age stuff kicking in ?.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Thu 05-Jun-14 18:32:42

Could be kidneys? I'd take him to the vet anyway.

Aked Thu 05-Jun-14 18:59:15

Definitely he needs to see a vet. Peeing and drinking more than usual - and enough for you to notice are not 'normal' old age behaviour. It could be a multitude of things, so he needs to be looked at. They may recommend blood tests and possibly further investigation from there.

Hope all goes ok.

saddog Thu 05-Jun-14 19:14:30

thank you , yes am thinking i should take him , hes a grumpy old bugger and hates anyone touching and prodding him , just hope a simple blood test can tell the problem .

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 05-Jun-14 20:56:39

Vets and take a urine sample with you too as concentration of urine can be really helpful. The list of possible causes for weight loss, drinking more and peeing more is very, very long.

saddog Fri 06-Jun-14 10:12:54

will take him monday , am getting his yearly jab done ,will get him weighed , and mention the drinking and weeing, if its still happening over the weekend , fingers crossed as he hasnt been drinking as much today .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now