Any vets here?

(6 Posts)
WeeClype Mon 05-May-14 17:19:24

Just wondered if you keep the nature of animals on their files?......I was just at the vets getting my 2 dogs their vac's and the vet says "so we have one nervous one and one that's fine", now if you's don't keep notes then my vets memory is fantastic lol

Greyhorses Mon 05-May-14 17:47:42

Files are often updated with aggressive or nervous to avoid us getting hurt and for safety reasons- most owners don't tell us their dogs may bite (even if they tried last time!)so a heads up from the person who saw it last is always useful!
Nervous is also useful to know about to ensure we assess the dog before handling just incase, sometimes worried animals need more time and more careful handling that's all :-)

Owllady Mon 05-May-14 17:48:56

They just understand the animals smile
My poor girl was in a road traffic accident last year and my vet was very ill and it was a new vet and he said, your k is a very nice dig etc and explained her to a t and had not met her before
sad
Vets are amazing you know

WeeClype Mon 05-May-14 18:46:39

Ah yeah I have one that's very nervous and shakes in the corner so she's probably got NERVOUS in bold on her notes lol

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 05-May-14 19:41:26

We do keep records, but also dogs give a lot of clues in their body language about how they feel.

noddingoff Wed 07-May-14 17:47:00

I usually put some notes in:
"nervous but fine if you go slow" "quickly gets wound up, cannot be calmed so get it over with as quick as possible" "best for nail clip in owners arms" "best held by nurse" or whatever. I usually wouldn't remember otherwise unless it was a particularly dangerous nutcase (in which case *CAUTION****WILL BITE* will be plastered all over the notes anyway) or it's an animal we see quite frequently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now