That was an expensive lesson to learn...

(9 Posts)

Berthadog stole the children's vitamin C blister pack off the kitchen table and ate them. We think there were only four left in the packet but I made DH phone the vet for advice. Apparently vitamin C is ok, however, our tablets also contained zinc. Zinc, apparently, is not at all good for dogs. Trip to vet, injection to make her sick, a few hours being monitored and a five day course of tablets. £120 less money in the bank.

Vitamin tablets will not be left on the kitchen table again.

She's fine by the way. Currently relaxing while we figure out how to get tonight's tablet in her.

Ephedra Tue 29-Apr-14 20:43:23

I know a jack that ate 1 ibuprofen tabet, she was really really ill and cost over a grand.

Btw my collie takes a zinc supplement as directed by the vet!

Floralnomad Tue 29-Apr-14 21:21:21

I would suggest leaving her tablet in its packet on the kitchen table and let her help herself.

Owllady Tue 29-Apr-14 21:24:44

She's gorgeous

grin at the idea of leaving it on the table.

grin

Actually, she appeared to like the tablet now she has a taste for them. She sort of licked and sucked it for a few minutes with it popping in and out of her mouth until it finally went down. Wish it would be that easy with worming tablets.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Tue 29-Apr-14 21:37:52

You did well to get away with £120 for that lots. My vet would have charged hundreds, the thieving bastards. hmm

Glad berthadog is ok!

Owllady Tue 29-Apr-14 21:49:21

Mine would have too :medivet: grin
They are good though, so I can't moan

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now