Toilet training a puppy - what do you use up clean wood floors?

(10 Posts)
frozenmad Tue 29-Apr-14 14:46:20

Hi, I've bought a huge pot of simple solution & just read it's not suitable on wood floors, which I have in my house. Can anyone recommend a product which won't ruin my wood floors but will get rid of the odour? Thanks

musicposy Tue 29-Apr-14 15:13:01

We have simple hard floor cleaner which comes in a spray bottle. We use it on laminate fine. You just have to be careful not to over soak it or leave it too long otherwise it can buckle the very edges of the laminate slightly. I figured that is still better than dog wee!

Isthatwhatdemonsdo Tue 29-Apr-14 15:20:25

Simple solution do a hard floor version too.

frozenmad Tue 29-Apr-14 18:10:09

Thank you grin

SistersOfPercy Wed 30-Apr-14 12:19:00

I use kitchen roll to take up the moisture, then a damp cloth with dettol and finally a damp cloth with fabric conditioner to take the smell.

SpicyPear Wed 30-Apr-14 13:46:08

Yep Simple Solution hard floors. My boy as a pup could pee for England, so much that even an experienced trainer was agog. I spent the GNP of a small nation on it!

SistersOfPercy Wed 30-Apr-14 15:26:53

I've found sprinkling washing powder on the floor, rubbing it round a bit to 'grab' the odour then vacuuming it up works quite well also.

Sorcha1966 Thu 01-May-14 07:19:05

we used kitchen roll then dettox and that worked fine. Fully trained now thank goodness !

Claybury Thu 01-May-14 09:23:03

Use biological washing liquid in warm water. This will break down the odour so puppy doesn't repeat in same place. (Hopefully)
I also had four paws industrial strength stain and odour remover. But I think it was quite over powering.

I don't think fab conditioner will get rid of the small for a dog's nose.

SistersOfPercy Thu 01-May-14 10:47:21

Seems to work here Claybury. He's never returned to the same spot after my method.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now