Dog-friendly cottage recommendation please

(14 Posts)
kateecass Tue 29-Apr-14 10:15:45

I'm trying to find a cottage for DH and my two kids for beginning of June. Within a couple of hours of Manchester. On the lookout for one where I can actually leave the dog in the cottage for short periods. Normally she'd stay with family or go to the kennel but she was diagnosed with a tumour at Xmas and we want to take her with us.
Thanks

Owllady Tue 29-Apr-14 11:11:31

I have booked through Sykes and cottages fir you. Both have cottages listed that will take dogs.
I take the crate to leave the young dog in but older dog she was well behaved to just sleep in the hall of wherever we were

We've booked through cottages for you too, there were quite a few to choose from. I think we paid £25 extra for the dog. We wanted an enclosed garden and that is stated in the blurb.

kateecass Tue 29-Apr-14 12:01:39

Thanks I will look at those. I did find a lovely cottage in Thirsk with access to a swimming pool but it specifically said you must never leave the dog alone in house. Owners are on site too so even though she is well behaved and mostly just wants to sleep it might stress us. Might give the owners a call after I've had a look elsewhere.

BMW6 Tue 29-Apr-14 13:50:03

Try Welcome Cottages - they make a donation to The Dogs Trust.

Owllady Tue 29-Apr-14 16:16:55

I think welcome cottages are owned by cottages4you

kateecass Tue 29-Apr-14 16:37:58

Thanks. Have already seen a couple of possibilities. Will look more later when kids in bed later.

schilke Tue 29-Apr-14 18:46:25

I think most houses have instructions of not letting the dog upstairs/in bedrooms and not leaving the dog alone in the house.

NoIamAngelaHernandez Tue 29-Apr-14 18:49:32

I know these guys have absolutely gorgeous dog friendly cottages in Cornwall ( we have stayed in a few!) but not sure if they also do elsewhere...

www.abovebeachcottages.co.uk/

Cremolafoam Tue 29-Apr-14 18:53:39

here perhaps not suitable this time , but dog friendly and gorgeous .

subtleplansarehereagain Tue 29-Apr-14 19:10:50

At least one of these is dog-friendly but I'm not sure whether you would be allowed to leave them.

www.westwoodlodge.co.uk/

SatansFurryJamHats Tue 29-Apr-14 19:13:48
kateecass Tue 29-Apr-14 22:32:23

Ooh, thanks for all those! I'm on the phone at the mo but I will check them out properly tomorrow.

Dash29 Thu 01-May-14 22:20:30

National Trust has dog friendly cottages, stayed at Chirk Castle, near Wrexham over Christmas with family & dog, Had grounds of castle to ourselves almost. Beautiful place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now