i take my dog through the McDonalds drive thru

(20 Posts)
Owllady Mon 28-Apr-14 09:49:43

She just sits on the back seat, not making a whimper.
I felt it was an important part of her socialization
Discuss

FuckyNell Mon 28-Apr-14 09:52:20

What did she order?

Owllady Mon 28-Apr-14 09:54:33

She likes the scrambled egg

Karbea Mon 28-Apr-14 10:00:22

I often do this, he orders nuggets, but likes me to take the breadcrumbs off ;)

Owllady Mon 28-Apr-14 10:09:25

grin
I have a collie, she is not allowed to eat unless instructed to.....

Floralnomad Mon 28-Apr-14 12:18:12

My boy loves the drivethru ,Macdonalds is his favourite but he also likes the fries at KFC . He gets most excited if he sees a brown paper bag.

Always take ours on the way back from dog training classes. They have a box of nuggets which are then shared between the four hounds. The nice girls in the checkout always make a fuss of whichever hound is with me. smile

FuckyNell Mon 28-Apr-14 18:22:46

I must say mine prefers the chippy.

We always order 'a sav for the dog' grin

subtleplansarehereagain Mon 28-Apr-14 19:11:56

Mine gets a hamburger, no gherkin smile

musicposy Tue 29-Apr-14 08:26:16

DD1 works at McDonalds and says loads of people do this. People always look embarrassed if they admit it's for the dog - all thinking they're the only ones doing it! She loves seeing the dogs coming through.

Ddog2 thinks it's like a magic window. What could be better than driving somewhere, opening a window, and food gets passed to you? She loves car journeys in the hope we go there.
She's a particular connoisseur of their chicken bites we've never bought her an ice cream, oh no grin

Rainicorn Tue 29-Apr-14 08:32:26

My dog knows a Greggs carrier bag on sight. She is quite partial to a sausage roll.

Owllady Tue 29-Apr-14 09:39:26

Lol grin at all the dogs coming through. You have made my day musicposy

Eric who is something of a hoover and will eat anything he finds turns his nose up at a Mcdonald's hamburger hmm (it's the only food he has ever refused apart from dog food) but is thrilled to get a sausage from the chippy grin

CuntyBunty Tue 29-Apr-14 16:11:13

My friend once went through the drive through on her horse.

My cat found half a hamburger in the bottom of my bag (don't ask), that I'd forgotten about, and shredded and ate it overnight. I'm still picking out bits of meat when I dip my hand in to get something.

Owllady Tue 29-Apr-14 16:18:20

You keep half a hamburger in your bag for emergencies
I get it wink

Kendodd Tue 29-Apr-14 16:23:05

We used to order a lot of takeaway food for home delivery, my dog learnt to tell the difference between a normal phone call and a food order. She would start getting excited when she saw the menus coming out and a phone call being made!

CuntyBunty Tue 29-Apr-14 16:26:37

Owlady, I did admit to being a bit of a skank on the other thread about getting a dirty hoodie out of the washing basket grin

Canidae Fri 02-May-14 09:11:59

I always get a sausage for the dogs when going to the chippy.

liquidstatehasrisenagain Sat 03-May-14 18:12:20

I also take my collie through the drive thru at McDonalds. I always get a Bic Mac meal and he has some of the fries.

Damn pregnancy cravings...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now