Volvo XC90 owners - question about car crates

(7 Posts)
frozenmad Thu 24-Apr-14 07:38:33

Hi,

We get our new lab pup in a few weeks time & I want to buy a car crate. I ideally want a crate which still makes one of the boot seats/part of the boot usable but so far can only find the made to measure crates which fulfil that criteria and they cost £££! To complicate matters we haven't got the car yet so I can't measure!

Does anyone have a car crate which fits half their boot and wasn't massively expensive? TIA

A regular lab sized crate will fit in half an xc90 boot and can be secured using the tie down facilities provided in the car if you don't want to buy a custom fit one.

frozenmad Thu 24-Apr-14 13:04:04

Thank you!

littlewhitebag Thu 24-Apr-14 20:15:46

I have a crate in my Volvo but i have an XC70. It takes up half the boot leaving the other half free for shopping etc. We scoured the internet for one with a sloping front and it is fab.

MitchellMummy Sun 27-Apr-14 13:08:28

Yep, same as littlewhitebag. Ours is a Safedog one ...

frozenmad Tue 29-Apr-14 20:53:59

I really liked the look of those crates but they are quite expensive. I keep looking for 2nd hand ones but no such luck yet!

MitchellMummy Wed 30-Apr-14 09:44:29

Yeah, bit like Volvos really!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now