Vet suggested I should consider having Ddog pts...

(32 Posts)
Snowfire Tue 22-Apr-14 22:53:07

Apologies in advance if this doesn't make much sense.
Ddog was diagnosed with mouth cancer almost 18 months ago but has been doing really well, in fact so well I have been pretending to myself that it had stopped growing and Ddog would keep ticking along merrily for years!
Today we went to the vet for a check up and he said that the growth rate has accelerated and he will soon reach the point where he is in significant pain and won't be able to eat and drink.
He's laid next to me now snoring and I can't sleep worrying that I won't have him for much longer sad

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sun 27-Apr-14 11:00:34

Aww Snowfire and ((((hugs)))) to your lovely dd. What a lovely way to go though. I hope my boy's last days are as peaceful and happy as that.

You'll always have the memories. smile thanks

RandallFloyd Sun 27-Apr-14 11:15:09

I'm so sorry, Snow. thanks

Owllady Sun 27-Apr-14 12:43:22

I'm sorry my love x x

Dirtybadger Sun 27-Apr-14 13:10:25

So sorry Snow thanks. Your post about having him in the blanket really resonated with me and I had to shed a few tears. Sounds like he had a truly wonderful life with you. Thank you on the behalf of canines for being a wonderful human. The collar idea is brilliant.

MitchellMummy Sun 27-Apr-14 13:13:49

So very sorry. Glad he had a lovely last couple of days. We also have a magnolia tree in memory of one of our dogs. RIP, you were a much loved doggie. x

Tootyfilou Sun 27-Apr-14 16:23:35

So very sorry for your loss.

hellymelly Mon 28-Apr-14 18:58:47

So sorry snowfire.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now