Root canal vs extraction

(3 Posts)
BrightlyColouredFish Wed 16-Apr-14 18:54:39

Our 4 year old springer has snapped her canine tooth in half. The pulp and nerve are exposed and we need to do something pretty quickly.

The vet asked if we are insured (we are) and said that they prefer to try to save it, implying they would extract if we weren't insured.

Thing is, I am sceptic about root canal but I want to make the right decision and don't want to cause the dog any more pain than necessary. I am especially worried because it's her canine.

What would you do? Anyone else faced this decision?

Thanks.

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 16-Apr-14 19:16:47

If you go to a specialist veterinary dentist root canal is very successful.

BrightlyColouredFish Thu 17-Apr-14 23:18:05

After much deliberation and research and further discussion with the vet, we are going for extraction.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now