Moving with the vet?

(6 Posts)

Our rescue border collie is terrified of vets. She hides behind me, pulls away, wets and gets snappy when scared.

However, we have found a lovely vet who is "allowed" to check her tummy, heart, ears and even give a little pedicure as needed. However, this fabulous day is moving to a practice about 25 minutes away (currently she is 10 minutes). We think we will move the dog to a new vet, but not sure if this is the best idea.

What do other dog-people think?

Hobby2014 Thu 03-Apr-14 21:24:22

I think if the she is ok with the extra journey time, ie has no issues being in a car for longer time, then I'd move with the vet. Better for her if she can be relaxed and calm when she needs to see a vet. That's just my opinion smile

Aked Thu 03-Apr-14 21:38:29

Also check out about the potential new practice's emergency service. Not all vets have this on site and out of hours service is provided by another practice in a different location. Just worth considering just in case you ever need it.

They seem to have a good emergency service, but I think I'll phone up to ask.i'm glad you mentioned that, I had just noticed that they had 24 hr care.

She loves being in the car! If the boot is ope n when she walks past she hops in and hopes we're going for a drive grin

moosemama Fri 04-Apr-14 09:39:28

I would move with the vet, my vet is worth her weight in gold and I'd definitely move practices (sp?) if she did.

Owllady Fri 04-Apr-14 10:41:57

If you have a good vet you trust, I would also move with them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now