does your dog jump like a kangaroo with excitement ?

(21 Posts)
Owllady Mon 24-Mar-14 17:52:01

hmm
Mine does when over excited on walks. What is the advice regarding this
??

Please don't say join in. I seem to constantly do an impression of a clumsy Miranda as it is

VivaLeBeaver Mon 24-Mar-14 17:53:35

Mine does. Only in the house though, he's like Tigger. He's too busy sniffing out shit to eat on walks to do much bouncing.

RandallFloyd Mon 24-Mar-14 17:56:30

Yup. She has pogo sticks for legs.
Im 5'8" and she gets way higher than me.

I was told when she was a puppy that she'd grow out of it.
She's now 5. I'm still waiting.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 24-Mar-14 18:01:23

Is she a terrier?

Owllady Mon 24-Mar-14 18:02:59

No, she is a border collie
She can dig though :terrier:

RandallFloyd Mon 24-Mar-14 18:03:28

Mines a lab/whippet cross confused

Owllady Mon 24-Mar-14 18:07:22

How did that happen Randall? It's like that old poem about fatty and thinny went to bed
Before I offend anyone. I am a porker

Yes. She's 3ish. Bounces up the stairs, hurtles down them. Bounces like a loon if I put on my fleece, touch her lead....

Also does spinnies on the end of her lead. That's fun! Often it's excitement, and desperately wanting to go in the sheep field. She's convinced her diet should be fresh venison and lamb. <narrows eyes at hunter mutt>

RandallFloyd Mon 24-Mar-14 18:09:37

God alone knows!

She's a rescue and we know her mum was a black lab but the rest is a bit of a mystery. Lots of googling has pretty much narrowed it down to lab/whippet.

KarinMurphy Mon 24-Mar-14 18:17:01

My springer/lab cross has very bouncy legs and can easily jump higher that my head. The others not so much but the puppy leaps in the air with all four legs splayed like a spring lamb and the curly grabs hold of the end of her lead and does a great bucking bronco impression.

I used to have a springer called Zebedee
Most appropriate name ever
He bounced when he saw
People
Dogs
Combines
Tractors
Birds
Leaves

I trained him to do a flip finish so instead of walking to sit by my left side he would sit in front of me and then jump in the air twist round and land in a perfect finish. It was a real crowd pleaser
He was a fab dog but sadly died just after he turned 4
My collie is not so bouncy!

RandallFloyd Mon 24-Mar-14 18:31:40

I need to know how you did that.

Mine has a similar list of bounce inducing sights.

She also goes full height when I return from the toilet hmm

Owllady Mon 24-Mar-14 19:02:38

Oh youvecat, you have a brown border collie,mine is sable
Please ignore my crazy outfit blush

Owllady Mon 24-Mar-14 19:05:41

Sorry I attached the wrong photo

Dwerf Mon 24-Mar-14 19:08:35

Oh god yes. And shrieks like a fourteen year old at a Beiber concert. You know how tiny puppies just cannot control their excitement and are all jumpy and yippy like toddlers on amphetamines? My dog is ike that. He's two and a half.

He also stands on his hind legs like a meercat.

RandallFloyd Mon 24-Mar-14 19:09:20

What a cutie.

This is my Kanga when she was a pup.

BeverleyMoss Mon 24-Mar-14 19:10:11

Ah mine's a Border Collie cross and does this on the way out to walks, he thinks he's going to get the ball thrown as soon as we step out of the house, but I wait until we get to the beach.

This doesn't stop him however hoping for a throw and bouncing the five minute walk to the beach hmm

He also bounces at the pigeons in the garden. They are un-phased by this.

madabootthehoose2 Mon 24-Mar-14 19:13:18

My dog does the jumping. Only when he knows its time for a walk. Never been able to stop him. He is very goodat everything else. Had to look twice at your dog owllady

Owllady Mon 24-Mar-14 19:17:59

Loving all these dogs smile

tabulahrasa Mon 24-Mar-14 19:21:32

He stands on his back legs like a wee meercat, then starts bouncing up and down...which sounds cute...except this is my dog...

LottieJenkins Mon 24-Mar-14 19:21:49

This is Bumbledog who is quite well known on MN!! grin
He is a jumper particularly when I go out and return to the house!
My friend gave him and Tylerdog a dried bulls bollock yesterday which they thoroughly enjoyed!!!! grin This is Bumble lying on the half landing eating his. Tyler finished his first and appeared at the bottom of the stairs and was greeted with a very loud GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!...............
Bumbledog is a Jackabea!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now