Which worming tablets

(11 Posts)
winkywinkola Mon 24-Mar-14 11:32:29

do you use for your dogs please?

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 24-Mar-14 11:49:38

I like Milbemax, my dog lives Milbemax and Yums them up!

JKramer Mon 24-Mar-14 12:31:28

Drontal Plus....
Wrap anything in a bit of ham and they will gulp it down.

Is Mibemax to be taken every 3 months?

winkywinkola Mon 24-Mar-14 14:43:38

Vet wants to give combo of worm and flea. Advocate. Is this best?

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 24-Mar-14 14:56:06

It doesn't cover tapeworm so you will still need a wormer every 6months. Advocate also does not cover ticks so you will need something else if ticks are a problem.
Milbemax when used for tapeworm and roundworm should be used every three months. If you want to use it for lungworm prevention it needs to be monthly.

JKramer Mon 24-Mar-14 15:29:04

Advocate and Drontal plus here.
Think it covers pretty much most things except for ticks.

winkywinkola Mon 24-Mar-14 15:29:46

Can I get Advocate and Drontal online or prescription only?

JKramer Mon 24-Mar-14 15:33:35

Advocate is precription only.
Can get it half the price online than at my vets but they will charge you �10 say for the prescription note, so get a year's worth if you can.
Drontal doesn't require prescription.

JKramer Mon 24-Mar-14 15:39:15

Sorry, the last post is not clear.

You can get both online but for Advocate, the retailers require a prescription note from your vet before sending it to you.My vet charges �10 for a prescription note. Best to ask for one when you take the dog for its annual check up, or whenever it is.

IBO Mon 24-Mar-14 17:13:10

I have beel reading alot abour fea and worming tablets. i have been recommended advocate by my vet but there are some nasty chemicals in Advocate or front line and every time I want to buy them I stop myself as i first reaad reviews.. What do you use or your dogs? My puppy has got fleas and I bought him anti flea collor but I do need some decent medicine..

Thanks for advice!

WeAllHaveWings Mon 24-Mar-14 20:03:57

Ddog had drontal at 4 months and was ok, then again at 10 months and was sick on it. Vet says we'll try milbemax next time.

He gets advocate every month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now