Natural Instinct / Nutriment

(10 Posts)
Pupstar Wed 05-Mar-14 09:48:26

Hi. I've been lurking in the doghouse since getting our spaniel puppy in January. Having read several threads on raw feeding, I thought I'd give it a go, especially tempted by the £10 introductory discount on offer grin . If you use either of these could you contact me by pm? I think there's a discount in it for you too.

Thanks

Have PM'd you. smile

Butterflylovers Wed 05-Mar-14 11:23:29

Nice brands.
Can quite easily spend �100 per month raw feeding my two dogs.

So glad I have a small terrier Butterfly...just placed my Nutriment order this morn and it will last at least 40 days on its own or 50 plus if I add a pack of wings from the the supermarket and cost �36 delivered!

Ephedra Wed 05-Mar-14 11:47:37

Both of these brands look good. Sadly my dog can't eat either of them sad which is annoying as we raw fed our last dog and he did really well.

Pupstar Wed 05-Mar-14 12:38:23

Thanks, I'll be able to order from both companies now!

Butterflylovers Wed 05-Mar-14 13:43:05

Between the two boys, they eat about 1kg of raw food a day.
They are not big dogs, hate to imagine how much that would cost if they were.
The 1kg tubs from either brands are around �3 each.
I could save a bit of money by feeding more offal and raw bones instead of using the tubs, but it�s just convenient.
If I see reduced meats at the supermarket, I would stock up and prepare home food.

My Border has 250g and that is over 3% of his weight but it seems to be about right for him. Mind you, he has the odd fast day at that (self imposed, I do offer) so the odd meal just gets put back in the fridge. I think he just prefers feast and famine feeding!

JKramer Wed 05-Mar-14 15:58:31

If you buy raw bones/carcass then it�s cheaper but I�d be careful how much bones you feed them as too much can cause constipation.
I wouldn�t feed them bones every day.
Offal is cheap but if you are looking at lean meat that�s where the expense is.
You�d be struggling to find any lean meat off the bone at �3/kg at the butchers or supermarket unless the meat expires on the day and is reduced.

Butterflylovers Wed 05-Mar-14 16:11:44

�3 per kg. I don't think you can get filets of any meat at that price at supermarkets, not full price anyway!!!

At Sainsbury when they sell 3 packs of chicken thigh filets for �10 (total weight 1.8kg).....that's �5.55/kg. I have not looked in the freezer section but I don't think you will get it down to �3/kg.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now