What breed is this dog?

(9 Posts)
alcibiades Tue 04-Mar-14 17:10:29

I can't post pictures here, nor on my profile, so I've started a thread in the "Have you seen" area and put up a couple of pictures there: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/have_you_seen_pictures/2015624-What-breed-is-this-dog

It's a general enquiry about a dog who appeared (rather briefly) in a TV show. Another fan of the show wants to know the breed. As I know nothing about dogs, I thought I'd ask here.

As an aside: The dog was introduced into the show as an adorable puppy in the very first episode and was called Benny. Apparently, it wasn't very long before Benny had to be retired from the show because he was just too enthusiastic when on the set. Pity really, because he seemed such a lovely dog.

RayPurchase Tue 04-Mar-14 17:13:36

Border Collie

alcibiades Tue 04-Mar-14 17:30:28

Thanks Ray.

Owllady Tue 04-Mar-14 18:43:27

Yes it's a border collie
Over enthusiastic you say? grin

Raxacoricofallapatorius Tue 04-Mar-14 18:47:27

Border Collie is French for over enthusiastic.

alcibiades Tue 04-Mar-14 20:13:02

lol!

Most of Benny's scenes were with the leading characters' daughter. So there was a bright, enthusiastic, 5-year-old actress, and a bright, enthusiastic, few-months-old Border Collie.

I think Benny's denouement came when, for dramatic purposes, both enthusiastic youngsters had to rush to the front door when the doorbell rang. I think that's when the producers realised that there was a problem...

Twooter Wed 05-Mar-14 07:00:13

What's the show?

Gooner123 Wed 05-Mar-14 08:45:59

Curb your enthusiasm ?grin

alcibiades Wed 05-Mar-14 20:45:24

Gooner - grin

But just to wrap up this thread, the show, which first aired almost 18 years ago, was "Millennium" - created by the same guy who created the X-Files.

Yes, a few of us are still watching and talking about it. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now