Every Dog Has His Day

(7 Posts)
Theodorous Fri 29-Nov-13 14:10:50

Just a lighthearted thread. Years ago we fostered a mangy Desert dog who was named boomerang as he had been homed 10 times in a year after being rescued in the Middle East having suffered horrific cruelty. He was literally on hunger strike and the shelter felt that an experienced foster with an older dog may be the answer to his separation anxiety. He is a Dalmation x but weighed 7 kg as a 18 month old when we took him. He is 26 kg now.
Sadly lovely old boy died last year but mangy foster is still here with a ever changing gang of fosters. Since old man passed away and the old fosters have gone he has completely changed. He never used to finish his food or even show a lot of interest. I have just realised he is glossy and a little podgy (diet will start tomorrow) and demands dinner by doing the head in lap tail waging trick dead on 6pm. What I am saying is that he has gone from being a fight bait dog to an unhomeable to a big shiny senior dog. I despise pack theory so will not spout any top dog crap but I am just so proud that, finally, he is the (non dominant) senior dog who is gentle, kind and, despite his scars, beautiful.

punter Fri 29-Nov-13 15:06:58

Well done you for getting him there.

SnakeyMcBadass Fri 29-Nov-13 15:14:30

Yes, well done. How lucky he is smile

hellymelly Fri 29-Nov-13 15:16:36

Oh how lovely. We need pics of him please!

Theodorous Fri 29-Nov-13 16:15:38

How do I post pics?

Fizziebizzy Fri 29-Nov-13 19:44:30

That is sooo heartwarming

Lovely. He must be so pleased he found yousmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now