Not sure of what to do

(5 Posts)
dhisawanker Wed 27-Nov-13 12:09:53

Hi all

I have a thread around relationships regarding my history.

Anyhow. My circumstances have changed. My h and I are no longer together and I have had to increase my hours in my job and take on a second. I have a 7 year old German Shepherd that needs someone who can spend time with him. My heart does not want to but my head is saying its the right thing to do. I cant afford him. I cant spend the time I used to with him. He is a lovely dog too and I do not want him going into a shelter . If anyone has any ideas please help

FuckyNell Wed 27-Nov-13 12:14:17

Can't your DH take him? Dog sitter? Doggy daycare is fab, they pick my dog up at 8.30 and drop her off at 5. So you could be out 7 - 7 approx? It costs a tenner.

dhisawanker Wed 27-Nov-13 12:36:28

i cant afford £50 a week unfortunately. i am skint. H is in private rent

FuckyNell Wed 27-Nov-13 13:21:21

Okay so how about the breed rescue? I'm sure they'll be able to help. Just please don't advertise it free to a good home on gumtree. Hope things perk up for you soon

HeisenbergsHat Wed 27-Nov-13 13:26:27

Can you manage a dog walker? Maybe someone you know locally who'd do it for less? I walk my friend's dog for free when she's at work for a long day, I'm taking mine out anyway and she only lives down the road.
If you do decide to rehome him try going through GSD rescue, I know a few people connected with them and they work really hard to do all they can for the dogs in their care. Please don't just rehome him through an ad.
Good luck, it must be a really tough decision x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now