Aggressive dog not on lead - how do you handle it?

(26 Posts)
GiveItYourBestFucker Wed 27-Nov-13 08:26:26

I'm walking my new rescue dog on a lead at the moment while he settles in. Today a big dog ran all the way across the field to start a fight. (We met yesterday but it was on the leash then). The owner didn't call him back - he said that he'd muzzled the dog, that was enough.

What do you do when this happens?

digerd Wed 04-Dec-13 21:02:21

I met an unknown dog and owner on Sunday in the fields. it was a husky off the lead. My little 5 kilo non- reactive dog stood still on the lead and just looked with interest. I asked the owner if dog was OK and he shook his head, called his dog to him but his dog ignored him, and very aggressively barked at mine. This time mine reacted for the first time in growling at him. The husky began to advance slowly and menacingly towards mine. Owner went to him and put him on the lead.
My little minx was pulling at her lead then and wanted to follow him to tell him offhmm
Husky was a male and all males love my fluffy girl. Think she was offended, but I am horrified he left his dog off the lead unmuzzled when he knew he was aggressive to other dogs. I have warned the other dog walkers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now