anyone got a puppy from halsham dog breeder?

(37 Posts)
minkersmum Fri 22-Nov-13 22:59:39

I have fallen in love with a little puppy i enquired about.

However I am the other end of the country and having come across so many unscrupulous people selling pups during my search I feel it would be too big a risk to buy a pup from someone so far away.

But as the pup came from a litter from a breeder I thought there might be a miniscule chance someone on here has boughtone and reassure me it came from a lovely home and all is good??

Anyone??

Or has anyone ever bought one from a breeder in that area as seems to be a licensed breeder so must have puppies for sale fairly often.

Thanks in advance.

What cross-breed/type are you interested in?

I bet the power of mumsnet can find you a puppy of that cross in rescue!

Floralnomad Sun 24-Nov-13 19:23:17

Why not look at Many Tears ,they have lots of puppies ,many from puppy farms .

Mishmashofstyles Sun 24-Nov-13 19:27:04

I think it's a mistake to get a dog that looks like / to replace another individually, you know. I've seen people do it before and the second dog just isn't what they were hoping to get. Which is the first dog!

minkersmum Sun 24-Nov-13 22:43:55

mishmash I understand that. It is just that once I had seen that wee face I was smitten.

I would like a small dog. I prefer hairy. Like eyebrows/beards, scruffy rather than lapdogish. I also quite like that goofy look that some dogs have!! Breed wise I like the appearance of border terriers, min schnauzers, lakeland terriers, bedlington terriers, poodle crosses, daschunds esp hairy ones!!

Problem with rescue is I want a dog who is completely comfortable with the children. We have been EXCEPTIONALLY lucky with our labradoodle rescue in that he is very lovely with them. You can just tell he loves them! Our great dane was the same. You know how some dogs are fine and tolerate kids and some actually adore them. My wee mongrel didn't like kids. From day one although I got her pre kids. However I knew her limitations and I made sure my dc treated her with respect. She would stay out the way and they lived side by side without as much as a grumble.

This time I want a little one who can grow with the kids.

Anyone who can find me a suitable beast in a rescue please be my guest.

kitsmummy Mon 25-Nov-13 09:24:17
minkersmum Mon 25-Nov-13 09:52:18

neeps and tatties Doris looks just my cuppa. However the rehoming criteria prefers within 20 mile radius of Brighton and I am at least 10 hours from Brighton. Also states the don't like to rehome with young children. sad

Kitsmummy she is lovely but not really my cuppa. Doesn't look like she'd survive the terrain up here. We kind of need a hardy type. Plusy doodle is huge and clumsy, I would worry he'd accidently squash her hmm

digerd Mon 25-Nov-13 14:52:22

Breed wise, I think a Border Terrier for small, hardy and can run for miles. Also furry otter type face. However, as doodle is big and clumsy he could squash any small breed pup.

LadyTurmoil Mon 25-Nov-13 17:04:18

I thought that bring KC registered isn't worth the paper it's written on. The breeders can register some of the litters as KC but will have litters in between that are unregistered, so basically the poor bitch is being bred from all the time, with probably designer cross-breeds in between the pedigree ones. Horrible.

minkersmum Mon 25-Nov-13 18:30:53

I think you are right lady turmoil. Some of the pups I came across that were KC registered did not seem any better bred than the others. It seems like kc reg is something that sellers can do fairly easily and makes their pups more attractive to buyers who are niave enough to feel reassured by this.

The majority of pups (unless cross breeds) I saw on gumtree/freeads/pets4homes were kc reg.

Border terrier is high on my list of possibilities. As a pup it would be walked seperately anyway at least as an adult a border would be hardy enough. My friend has a cavachon thingy and he just seems more dainty and fragile.

I have a Border and they are definitely hardy little things. Loads of people tell their big dogs to go steady with him and then next thing you know the tiny terrierist has bowled them over and a flying ball of dogs goes haring past! He gets on best with the springers, beagles and vislas in our doggy group as they level peg for rough play.

He definitely has a furry face too! They are fantastic dogs.

digerd Mon 25-Nov-13 19:57:09

There is a very friendly Cavishon on our dog walks but is rather large and looks more like a chunky medium sized poodle or cockerpoo.

The fastest runner is a tiny Maltipoo. He is like that road runner in the Loony Tunes cartoons.grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now