What's your dog called? And what names do you have for future ones?

(96 Posts)
EvenBetter Thu 10-Oct-13 22:18:47

Apart from the obvious 'oiGetAwayFromThatYouFucker!' Name.
Mine are Layla, Dexter, (recently departed sad ) Trassey
And the puppy we're rehoming from the pound this weekend will be Lacey

<outs self>

Called Luna because she's black with white spots like the moons (and she's a lunatic). I wanted to call her Cake but the kids weren't having it for some reason. I'll save that name for the next one....

Tillypo Fri 11-Oct-13 03:59:32

Dudley,Rosie, Winnie and Spike who is no longer with us.

Skinheadmermaid Fri 11-Oct-13 16:49:10

My beautiful boy (staffy) is called Romeo because he is a lover not a fighter.

Future names I have picked out for dogs are Buffy, Dragun, Casanova and Joker...depends on the breed and personality of the dog in question!

daisy5569 Fri 11-Oct-13 17:20:23

I currently have a lovely old Basenji called Jasper and recently lost a smashing little jack russell called Tazzy, my next dog with probably be another little Jack russell girly and she will probably be called dolly! Although when I eventually get her I may change my mind!

daftyburd Fri 11-Oct-13 18:36:55

My daughter named our dog puppy so no choice in that. My old girl is called Sophie as it is pretty like her. Future names we have is Stitch as the cartoon alien was based on a Boston. I would like Arlo for my imaginary future Spinone and daughter likes Ottilie but shortened to Tilly if we ever got a bitch Boston.

handcream Fri 11-Oct-13 18:39:28

I wanted Mavis or Mildred or if a boy Hortaio but no one agreed with me. Funny that... I will get my way one day....

Amaxapax Fri 11-Oct-13 19:25:01

My dog is called Tucker because his name at Dogs Trust was Tinker, which I couldn't bear, but we wanted something that he would recognise as having a similar sound.

My favourite dog's name, however, is that of my parents' golden doodle, who I named. He is Anderson Cooper Doodle. Slightly distinguished, lots of nicknames (Andy, Doodle Dog, Handsome Anderson) and suits him perfectly.

SnakeyMcBadass Fri 11-Oct-13 20:42:00

My next dog will be called Toad. I currently have a Jasper(ino) and a Stanley (Bear).

kchapper5 Fri 11-Oct-13 20:46:15

My dog is called Spencer which was his name at the rescue centre we got him from. However, he answers to so many nicknames its ridiculous mainly Beschy, Spen, SDog, Spencey Wencey. Poor thing smile
My previous dog was Maori as she was a Groendael so all black hence the name smile

Adikia Sat 12-Oct-13 01:56:19

Mine is called Kai because that's what his previous owner called him but most of the time he'll answer to whatever DD decides to shout at him.

I'm currently trying to convince DH he wants a puppy which I'm calling Muttley, he is a scruffy white mongrel (he's only 2 weeks old so plenty of time to convince DH before Muttley is ready to leave his mum)

Greenkit Sat 12-Oct-13 02:10:35

We have Scrumpy Jack and Poppy both whippets
Cat called mouse
a rabbit called Bailey
A bird called Bird

Owllady Sat 12-Oct-13 14:43:53

I have always given my female collies proper little girls names blush
my current one is Molly, quite a popular name I have found grin

MillyMollyMandy78 Sat 12-Oct-13 15:01:21

We have a Molly too! And an Oscar. Future names: Jasper, Dexter, Alfie, Lola

pinkbear82 Sat 12-Oct-13 15:14:33

We have Marvin and Mazie. My old jrt was missy (moo moo). Cat called pixie ( missing cat called Fozzie). Guinea pigs Trumps and Sugar and a tortoise called JF (Jeremy Fredrick) 43 years old, my dad named him.

Not sure we have space for any more!

34DD Sat 12-Oct-13 15:53:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bzoo Sat 12-Oct-13 15:56:06

Gwen. - bearded collie cross lurcher
Sky - b&w border collie

Mine is a lurcher called Welly, twas called Annie-Pom at The Dogs Trust so there was no way that was staying.

bzoo Sat 12-Oct-13 15:57:19

Oh and my last dog was called Ethel!

bzoo Sat 12-Oct-13 15:58:04

Ethel was a Japanese Akita

ClaimedByMe Sat 12-Oct-13 16:51:24

Mine is a Staffie called Rose, she was named as the rescue we got her from picked her up from a London pound on valentines day and the volunteer called her her valentines Rose.

Whogivesashit Sat 12-Oct-13 17:15:26

Retriever lab cross : Ted
Future puppy Indy.

I have Bob. A greyhound. His racing name was Bushy Bob and the rescue called him Bob and he suits it smile

ilovexmastime Sat 12-Oct-13 23:14:24

We have a Harry. When i went to collect him I had a completely different name in mind, but when I saw him he just looked like a Harry.

SucksFake Sat 12-Oct-13 23:23:22

When we are able to get a dog (not enough space at present) he/she will be called Indiana. Indy for short. Obviously!

My DSs will be delighted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now