ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Is it ever ok to not walk your dogs?

(32 Posts)
PareyMortas Sun 29-Sep-13 12:23:31

No excuse, I'm not ill I'm just not in the mood and fancy a day off. I walk them everyday for a proper long walk, normally at the weekend DH takes them or we go together. DH is away today. Does this make me a bad dog owner?

WiddleAndPuke Tue 08-Oct-13 09:33:51

Mine miss the odd walk. No biggie.
I also vary the duration/type of walk - I've gone through the stage of doing 2hours off lead every day and IME you then end up (depending on breed) with a very very fit dog who just needs more and more exercise and in fact is so over stimulated and hyper that it can't "switch off".

On the days I can't get out or it's pissing down they get extra games in the garden and a couple of extra clicker sessions (which knackers them!) and they're absolutely fine.

ZingWantsCake Tue 08-Oct-13 10:13:32

mistle

I'm not a dog psychologist. just stating a fact.wink

ErrolTheDragon Tue 08-Oct-13 10:17:14

Oh, I'm so glad there's a WiddleAndPuke in doghouse grin

OrmirianResurgam Tue 08-Oct-13 10:18:39

When you are ill and all the other lazy buggers in the house can't be bothered angry

Beamur Tue 08-Oct-13 10:21:57

My dog gets 2 walks a day whatever the weather. DP usually does it, but if I'm home/he's at work or away I do it.
I think not fancying walking your dog is a poor excuse, especially if they are used to a daily walk.

lainiekazan Tue 08-Oct-13 13:36:58

Dog is annoying me because he wants to choose the walk. He has a favourite one and if I deviate he tries to go back home. He'd rather go nowhere if he can't dictate! He's like a flippin' toddler who only wants the same DVD/video over and over again.

WiddleAndPuke Tue 08-Oct-13 13:53:17

Errol - oh lol! Just realised the connection! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now