Any dog owners in Winchester area requiring a dog walker?

(9 Posts)
guineapiglet Thu 12-Sep-13 08:30:46

Hi all, have recently moved to Winchester from Cheshire, where I was a dog owner and walker for many years. I am interested in taking this up again and wondered if there is anyone out there who needs a dog walker/sitter?

I would also be interested in offering a sitting service in my home. Sadly I am not able to have a dog of our own on a permanent basis due to my son's health issues, but I am missing the company and the walks. Am able to provide references, and am very dog friendly and experienced.
Any ideas, help or suggestions gratefully received. smile

guineapiglet Thu 12-Sep-13 20:06:14

Bumping shamelessly - just to see if anyone local who may be interested or could point me in right direction. Getting canine withdrawal symptoms!

Lilcamper Thu 12-Sep-13 20:09:18

Have a look at www.petprofessionalguild.com/ and providing you agree with their ethics, you can register on their and be on their database smile

fridayfreedom Thu 12-Sep-13 20:22:36

Could try the volunteer agency, I think it is based at Winchester community services. They may be able to put you in touch with older people who have dogs but struggle to walk them.

guineapiglet Fri 13-Sep-13 09:27:31

Thank you both for your great contacts. Will get on the case this weekend! smile

fridayfreedom Fri 13-Sep-13 09:42:39

Am assuming from your name that you like guinea pigs. You are close to the wheek and squeak guinea pig rescue , how about joining the group on Facebook for more contacts? It's a friendly group of like minded people.

mistlethrush Fri 13-Sep-13 09:46:57

The Cinnamon Trust might be something you would like doing?

sophiewinchester Fri 28-Feb-14 10:58:55

Hi

I have just moved to Winchester and have a small (very cute) Patterdale terrier. At the moment he is at home alone all day and I feel awful for leaving him. I know he would absolutely love someone to take him out in the day time. I could arrange to drop him off and pick him up. Let me know if you think we could work something out.

lainiekazan Mon 03-Mar-14 13:24:34

Hi
I am looking for occasional doggy day care for my very friendly (and perfectly housetrained [halo]) golden retriever. I'd be glad to have a chat to see if we are mutually suitable! Do send me a PM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now