11yo Jack Russell a bit under the weather

(4 Posts)
stowsettler Thu 22-Aug-13 09:49:36

I'm in a bit of a quandary here. Stowdog#1 is quite a flaky character anyway, regularly gets a dodgy tum and is very fond of making a drama out of a crisis. He's an extremely young 11yo, still as fit as a butcher's dog and is often taken to be his sister's son or grandson.

He's been a bit down since Sunday. Nothing I can put my finger on, just a bit down. Slightly off his morning treat (but still eating well in general - wolfed his tea last night and his rawhide treat thingy).

He's been skulking off to his basket looking a bit sorry for himself and shivering a bit, but when encouraged he's been quite happy to jump out and play ball.

As I say he quite regularly gets upset tums, when he shivers a bit but he tends to sleep it off. He's been up and down since Sunday now, which is longer than usual and I don't really know whether to give him some time or see what the vet says. Trouble is, if I take him to the vet what do I say? "He's a bit down (but not really), a bit off his food (but not really)"...sounds a bit lame!

Help anyone?

Thanks in advance
X

everlong Thu 22-Aug-13 09:53:07

I'd pop him to the vets tbh. I know it might be nothing but we can't be sure really.

Hope he picks up soon.

stowsettler Thu 22-Aug-13 21:16:48

Well I was going to ring the vet when I got home tonight, but he's back to his normal self (hurrah!). He picked up around lunchtime and is all better now.
I wonder if he just needed a break from DD (mo)? She adores the dogs and is always trying to stroke them but she was at nursery today grin

everlong Thu 22-Aug-13 21:22:23

Ah good news smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now