If your dog was a TV character who would they be?

(15 Posts)
testedpatience Tue 20-Aug-13 11:38:43

My 3 year old lab is the Nigel Havers of the dog world. He is polite, charming, even a bit smooth with the ladies and waits to be greeted before wagging his tail then trotting off unless a visitor gets on hands and knees to initiate total doggy love with a tummy tickle which is always gratefully but politely received. He is what i would call a real Gentleman of the Dog world.

As for the other little shit, he is the Lee Evans of the dog world with a touch of bloody Del boy and Shirley Bassey!

He cant respond to the door without a full blown chorus of song, needs to leak everywhere and run around aimlessly with excitement like Lee Evans but some days cons me, Del Boy style into thinking our relentless training with him has paid off by behaving beautifully right up until i trust him enough to let him off the lead and he runs off into the sunset singing his own song with me in hot pursuit behind him huffing and puffing like an idiot!

I'm sure if he could talk he would be a cheeky Cockney from the 1800'sgrin

Do your dogs have a TV personality?

Saltire Tue 20-Aug-13 11:41:40

Tasmanian Devil.grin

tabulahrasa Tue 20-Aug-13 12:25:05
everlong Tue 20-Aug-13 15:46:22

Deardog 1 10 year old cocker spaniel - Mavis Riley of coronation st.

Deardog 2 9 week old Italian Spinone - Mr. Bean.

Mine is like a cross between Steve Backshall from Deadly 60 and Davina Mccall. He will poke his nose in any bush, hole or river to see what he can find. But when that is over he wants to run around enthusiastically being everyones best mate Davina style whether they like it or not!

testedpatience Tue 20-Aug-13 19:08:12

Its a relief to see my hounds arnt the only larger than life characters!

Blistory Tue 20-Aug-13 19:11:40

Bianca from Eastenders - loud, excitable but heart of gold who loves her family more than anything else in the world. And prone to a bit of thieving from time to time.

Dumpylump Tue 20-Aug-13 19:14:29

Teeny dog is Louis Spence, loud, in yer face, prances about going "look at meee" and makes unwanted advances on a regular basis to portly dog.
Portly dog is v reminiscent of Boris Johnson - affable buffoon, but smart in secret.
They are an odd couple confused

lastnightiwenttomanderleyagain Wed 21-Aug-13 18:22:37

Not sure about people and personality...but apparently Otto looks like the dragon from Never ending story... (Or a mogwai when he lies on his back and his ears flop!)

My boy cav is very much a Bagpuss, the girl (not a character) but she reminds me of Orla from Strictly come dancing, she's got the wiggle for Latin dance lol grin

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 21-Aug-13 21:35:34

He is the only gay in the village.

cansleepanywhere Wed 21-Aug-13 22:29:14

my lab's a cross between wurzel gummidge (sp?) and the Tasmanian devil. She's at home stood in the field, bits of straw sticking out everywhere then when she realises we're on the way home she whizzes round as fast as her little legs will carry her!

PumpingRSI Wed 21-Aug-13 23:18:17

DD1 - Forrest Gump
DD2 - Dennis the Menace mixed with Gok Wan

Tattva Wed 21-Aug-13 23:21:54

The Dowager Countess Grantham - Maggie Smith. Def.

mrsjay Thu 22-Aug-13 10:03:17

I love a dog with a wiggle caffine My aunts lab has a wiggle going on its great,

My dog is a cross between julian clary and PHill mitchell so a camp holigan grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now