why would someone do

(54 Posts)
Nagoo Thu 25-Jul-13 16:06:19
Floralnomad Thu 25-Jul-13 16:08:53

Unbelievable and an idiot ,Bassets are most definitely not small dogs . Some people just shouldn't be allowed animals .

Oh FFS angry This shit shouldn't be allowed.

Presumably, as soon as the swapped pooch stops being a puppy, it will also be swapped? What a total bellend of a human being.

Gay40 Thu 25-Jul-13 16:11:44

I don't know, but it boils my piss. I can't understand people who get rid of pets for such reasons.
She's a cute little dog, too. I like her face - if I wasn't in the middle of moving house with a holiday pending, I'd get her.

Gay40 Thu 25-Jul-13 16:13:31

I always think animals advertised this way are going to end up as bait for fighting dogs.

Gay40 Thu 25-Jul-13 16:16:09

I might have to accidentally find her as I'm drive around one day - you know, just sat by the side of the road.

sweetkitty Thu 25-Jul-13 16:24:42

Tell you what ill swap my chihuahua, you know the dog I've had for a few years, bred from making loads of money, as I fancy a change, I got a new rug in my front room the dog doesn't really go with it now and I fancy a change.

Utter idiot

EauRouge Thu 25-Jul-13 17:00:14

That poor dog sad

I signed up to a couple of FB pet groups to sell my aquatic plants and the ads on there make my blood boil- why do people not take their unwanted pets to a reputable animal shelter if they really have a 'genuine reason' for needing to rehome it? confused So many back yard breeders too. Bastards.

digerd Thu 25-Jul-13 19:47:33

Pugs are usually very friendly and sweet natured. Why didn't they keep one of the pups then? Bassets are not toy dogs by any stretch of the imagination. I can't believe they want to swap mum for a pup of another breedshocksad

tabulahrasa Thu 25-Jul-13 20:00:27

That is disgusting - notice they helpfully put in how much profit you can make from breeding the poor wee thing. angry

belatedmaybe Thu 25-Jul-13 20:23:22

Bassett s are set to be a popular top price breed so it is please take my out of fashion breeding bitch and give me a younger one who will have pups worth three times as much. Poor pug sad

welshfirsttimemummy Thu 25-Jul-13 20:30:44

People like this make me so angry. They say the children want a dog to "call their own" , what is the little pug then? People who have such disrespect for animals shouldn't be allowed them. Dogs are getting stolen all over the place, wouldn't surprise me if someone stole a chihuahua or basset puppy just to get the poor little pug and use her as a breeding machine confused

HoneyDragon Thu 25-Jul-13 20:38:38

Belated

I was just thinking that the children mentioned were probably fictional.

sweetkitty Thu 25-Jul-13 21:24:46

It's utterly disgusting

Itsnotahoover Thu 25-Jul-13 22:48:33

I've just reported this member to preloved and asked for the advert to be removed. Poor, poor little girl sad

angry they don't deserve that dog the selfish wankers. And what happened to neutering you arse holes, they want love not some inexperienced idiot breeding them for a few quid sad

Itsnotahoover Thu 25-Jul-13 22:55:24

It's very tempting to contact them and get details then report to the RSPCA or a breed specific rescue, but would anything actually get done? People like this proper boil my piss sad

Poor poor little pug. And she is just sitting there looking beautiful and loving.

Absolute bastard fucking shits. I hope she gets fanjo rot.

MrsWolowitz Thu 25-Jul-13 23:00:10

sad angry

Maybe she struggled with pregnancy or nursing the pups , perhaps that's y they want rid. Only trouble is if she's sold as a breeder and is no good anything could happen to her sad poor baby. How could you not want her sad

MultumInParvo Thu 25-Jul-13 23:03:45

That's made me get up and give my pugs a hug

tittytittyhanghang Thu 25-Jul-13 23:03:47

oh this is heartbreaking. How could you have a dog for any length of time and not get utterly utterly attached to it? Poor poor doggy. Total bastards doing this. Am tempted to reply with a nasty email giving owners what for. Not that it would do any good.

tittytittyhanghang Thu 25-Jul-13 23:05:57

also ironically the advert next to it about giving forever homes. sad

That advert makes me really really :-(

Is there anything we can do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now