My beautiful lab is really ill.

(134 Posts)
dogsagoodun Wed 24-Jul-13 19:38:19

He's not been himself for a couple of weeks; off his food and lethargic. I just put it down to the heat. He was drinking plenty and still seemed ok.

Today he emptied his bowels all over the dining room floor and I just knew. I called DH to come.home and take him to the vets. The vet said he is a very poorly dog. He thinks hepatitis or liver cancer. He's having a scan tomorrow. He said he's going to get very poorly over the next couple of weeks and actually couldn't believe how lively he was. My brave boy.

I feel so sad and scared.

Oh no, your poor doggy. We have a choc lab and he is beautiful, they are such lovely dogs.
But how on earth did he get hepatitis? Do they know?
Fingers toes and ears crossed that they make him better!

SallyBear Sat 27-Jul-13 06:29:55

Hepatitis is a term for the inflammation of the liver. I suspect that OP's lab has Hep. A as that is usually contracted through consumption of dirty water that's been contaminated with faeces. You can't stop them eating or drinking something when you're out and about. Poor thing I hope that he makes a full recovery.

dogsagoodun Sat 27-Jul-13 17:53:19

He's taken a turn for the worse. The vet said the next 24 hours are crucial. I think we're going to lose him. My handsome, funny, kind boy. We are praying for a miracle.

everlong Sat 27-Jul-13 17:56:45

I'm so sorry to read this.
Keeping him in my thoughts OP.

ratbagcatbag Sat 27-Jul-13 17:58:49

So sorry, fingers crossed for you. sad

outtolunchagain Sat 27-Jul-13 18:00:39

Oh dear so sorry , thinking of you and your handsome boy

coffeeinbed Sat 27-Jul-13 18:01:07

Hope he'll pull through.
Poor doggie.

I have just seen this thread, and I am hoping that you have better news soon. Over the years, we have lost three cats, two to diseases of old age, and one to suspected poisoning, and each time it broke my heart, so,I know how much you are worrying now, and I am sending your lovely lab lots of good, healing thoughts.

We have two dogs (a chocolate lab, a black lab pointer cross) and a cat now, and I know how tightly they wind their paws round your heart. Please give him a cuddle from me, and my two dogs send you and himself a lick each.

dogsagoodun Sat 27-Jul-13 18:21:30

Thank you. Charlie is a chocolate lab and a nicer dog you couldn't wish to meet. I can't imagine life without.him. God, I am willing him to pull through.

1MitchellMum Sat 27-Jul-13 18:29:59

Bless him, fingers crossed still.

Oh dogs how awful sad I will join in willing him through, you can do this Charlie xxx

I hope he makes it I really do how sad sad x

alicetrefusis Sat 27-Jul-13 18:49:21

Oh am so sorry sad licks, wags and purrs of hope and comfort from all in the Trefusis household. x

Happiestinwellybobs Sat 27-Jul-13 18:57:23

Love, strength and positive vibes from me and very special doggie licks from Max, our black Labrador for Charlie. I can't imagine what you're going through and hope a miracle happens for you flowers

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sat 27-Jul-13 19:04:27

Thinking of you. All fingers crossed. sad

MissStrawberry Sat 27-Jul-13 19:12:21

Thinking of you too.

Hoping for a miracle.

Still thinking of you and Charlie. Love and pigs ears from SconeDog and SmallerSconeDog (both black labs).

TakingTheStairs Sat 27-Jul-13 19:16:17

dogs I'm so sorry. Hoping Charlie pulls through
X

momnipotent Sat 27-Jul-13 19:18:22

Fingers crossed for your lovely boy.

I lost my old boy three weeks ago, I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone. sad

FlatCapAndAWhippet Sat 27-Jul-13 19:19:56

Come on Charlie fella. xxxx

LegoAcupuncture Sat 27-Jul-13 19:21:44

Willing Charlie to get better.

out2lunch Sat 27-Jul-13 19:25:08

wishing Charlie all the best xxx

tibni Sat 27-Jul-13 20:27:20

Thinking and wishing Charlie the very best, I have a very blonde lab, great dogs.

topbannana Sat 27-Jul-13 20:34:39

Fingers crossed for Charlie from the depths of Dorset xx

topknob Sat 27-Jul-13 20:36:12

Fingers crossed for you xxx

ModreB Sat 27-Jul-13 20:41:02

How old is he? We have a Choco Lab who did this recently. It turned out he swallowed a sock and it triggered an epileptic fit, which was the reason for the D&V.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now