Looking for a rescue pup

(12 Posts)

Thank you so much everyone - will start looking through all your suggestions smile

pimmsgalore Mon 08-Jul-13 14:52:30

I got a sprollie pup from bordercollietrustgb at the weekend. They are worth keeping an eye on, we drove from Bristol up to Staffordshire to get him and it only took 2 hours.

LadyTurmoil Mon 08-Jul-13 14:00:24

www.starfishdogrescue.co.uk/dogs-looking-for-a-home.html They have a 5 month sprollie girl on their website - don't know if she's still available but worth a call?! I'll also add a disclaimer like moosemama - don't know anything about the rescue

LadyTurmoil Mon 08-Jul-13 13:55:19
moosemama Mon 08-Jul-13 13:23:43

This rescue is based in Dorset but rehome nationally. They seem to have quite a few collie x pups.

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about the rescue themselves.

Awwww thank you LadyTurmoil. She does look sweet but we're not really terrier people. Isn't it just heartbreaking not being able to help more dogs?!

LadyTurmoil Mon 08-Jul-13 11:30:19

How about Tilly not too far from you - in a foster home in Bristol area? She looks gorgeous!

Thanks kitsmummy. Will check this out too.

kitsmummy Mon 08-Jul-13 09:16:24

Have a look at Many Tears, they have dogs in foster all over the country, so you can search by distance from your postcode. They always seem to have lots of collie crosses on there.

Thank you DeepRedBetty. I will keep an eye on this site - and it has also lead me to a couple of others. Ideally we'd have a puppy, but I can see there are lots of not quite puppies who would be fabulous additions to the family - in fact, I'd like them all!!!

DeepRedBetty Mon 08-Jul-13 08:45:19

If North Wilts is local to you this is the one I work with. The facebook page - which the site links to - has been updated far more regularly than the main website.

Two years ago we were really lucky to find a sprollie type pup to join our family, from a rescue in Dorset. Now living in Gloucestershire and looking for something similar as our dog is very sociable and we'd like him to have a friend. I know it's a long shot but if anyone knows of anything - or can recommend a local rescue - I'd love to hear from you. Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now