So, how are your pooches holding up in the heatwave?

(32 Posts)

Jas spends a lot of time rolling around in the paddling pool, then running indoors and shaking everywhere. We love that. Stanley is mostly sleeping. I'm walking them both before 9am and then at around 8pm. Neither of them want to be out too long.

mrsjay Mon 08-Jul-13 18:40:42

Jaydog just took his ball to dd2 she threw it for him I am sure i heard a <meh> noise as he lay down and it went past, dd1 is just about to take him out ive packed his water a bowl and put ice in the water then i said to dd have you a drink with you blush

DalekInAFestiveJumper Mon 08-Jul-13 19:06:15

I set out a box fan for my two goofpups, and they're gleefully sacked out in front of it. I am half tempted to join them, looks awfully relaxing.

We retook him to the river for a nice cool swim.

mrsjay Mon 08-Jul-13 19:31:45

jay dog would put his tongue in a fan hmm

mrsjay Mon 08-Jul-13 19:32:15

see a few dogs fanning on facebook today grin

DalekInAFestiveJumper Mon 08-Jul-13 21:47:35

I left the dogs at it, as I had to do some stuff in another room. When I came back, the sun had moved so that the spot in front of the fan wasn't shaded anymore.

So what did mine do? They shoved the fan off to the side and into the shade! I'm the only one home, there's nobody else who could have given the thing a shove, and it's clearly been moved, because the mat's all scrunched up now.

They look (justifiably!) smug as hell.

mrsjay Tue 09-Jul-13 10:19:35

They look (justifiably!) smug as hell.

clever doggies grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now