Dog just passed a ....

(4 Posts)
JaxTellerIsAllMine Wed 19-Jun-13 08:08:59

the dog with kebab stick - was VVVVV lucky, it missed all internal organs and made a full recovery. V lucky that it was in Battersea and could get immediate treatment.

I dont know why I watch POG For the love of dogs. It breaks my heart and I want to rescue them all!

Definite lucky escape, dont beat yourself up, dogs do things to keep us on our toes. grin

AwsomeMrsFox Tue 18-Jun-13 19:23:33

Yes I will be more vigilant - I can't even imagine where he got it from, we certainly haven't had icelollies for ages. I can see I will have to keep him closer when we are out. I feel we have had a luck escape.

That is incredible about the kebabstick, poor dog.

JaxTellerIsAllMine Tue 18-Jun-13 07:59:58

oh yes its possible! I would be careful in future of anything lying around and be extra vigilant in what your dog eats/scavenges.

A VERY expensive vets fee could be coming your way, or a dog that has to be PTS if they cant remove 'blockage'

Did you not see Paul O'Grady show? A dog had a kebab stick come poking out his side. Been swallowed whole and worked its way through intestines and out skin. LUCKILY managed to miss all organs.

AwsomeMrsFox Mon 17-Jun-13 20:32:33

...completely whole, intact icelolly stick. At first I thought it was just one of those poos held together by grass, but realised there was something rigid inside.

How is that possible, I can't imagine how intestines could pass such a thing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now