Dog just passed a ....

(4 Posts)
AwsomeMrsFox Mon 17-Jun-13 20:32:33

...completely whole, intact icelolly stick. At first I thought it was just one of those poos held together by grass, but realised there was something rigid inside.

How is that possible, I can't imagine how intestines could pass such a thing?

JaxTellerIsAllMine Tue 18-Jun-13 07:59:58

oh yes its possible! I would be careful in future of anything lying around and be extra vigilant in what your dog eats/scavenges.

A VERY expensive vets fee could be coming your way, or a dog that has to be PTS if they cant remove 'blockage'

Did you not see Paul O'Grady show? A dog had a kebab stick come poking out his side. Been swallowed whole and worked its way through intestines and out skin. LUCKILY managed to miss all organs.

AwsomeMrsFox Tue 18-Jun-13 19:23:33

Yes I will be more vigilant - I can't even imagine where he got it from, we certainly haven't had icelollies for ages. I can see I will have to keep him closer when we are out. I feel we have had a luck escape.

That is incredible about the kebabstick, poor dog.

JaxTellerIsAllMine Wed 19-Jun-13 08:08:59

the dog with kebab stick - was VVVVV lucky, it missed all internal organs and made a full recovery. V lucky that it was in Battersea and could get immediate treatment.

I dont know why I watch POG For the love of dogs. It breaks my heart and I want to rescue them all!

Definite lucky escape, dont beat yourself up, dogs do things to keep us on our toes. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now