Dog eating poop out of the potty!

(3 Posts)
tabulahrasa Mon 17-Jun-13 19:56:05

Lots of dogs do it - you can choose between dogs are scavengers and will happily eat all sorts of disgusting things if they find them or there's a theory that they're cleaning up after puppies and they're helping look after the toddler.

I'm pretty sure it's actually the first one, so I repeat it often, lol.

Work on a leave it and keep an eye on the potty and the dog is really all you can do. Oh and decide now whether you want to work on drop for it as well, I had that issue when mine discovered the litter tray, drop, drop...oh, I didn't think that one through did I? lol

LizTerrine Mon 17-Jun-13 19:37:36

My dog did this recently, the dirty article. She's just a greedy bugger.

Limy Mon 17-Jun-13 19:35:26

Sorry my question is not very pleasant but I need advice. I haven't started properly potty training dd yet as we are going away in a couple of weeks and have a 6 hour drive to get there. Anyway she is taking some interest in the potty mainly because my nephew who is only a few month older and who i look after 2 days a week is potty trained. Tonight dd did a poop on the potty for the first time. I was just congratulating her and about to pick up the potty the clean it when our dog put her head in, in an attempt to eat it. She has very good quality food and does not attempt to eat her own poop so I don't think she is deficient in anything. Has anybody else come across this and have any ideas on how we can stop it. Our pup is a rescue aged 3 and we are her 5th home. Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now