One of those days...

(19 Posts)

Saw husky and owner this morning. Leaded my delinquent hound and apologised for yesterday's shenanigans. Feel slightly less awful about it. Her dog was fine, not a mark on him thankfully. Bloody dog <glares at errant spaniel currently rolling on his back playing with a sodding buttercup like butter wouldn't melt>

Well. He was looking over a wall and I held him between my legs. The other dog was also straining at the leash so I was pleased with the boy.

Yes. Not too bad at the moment, as the pup is being lead trained and only wants a trot around the block before he gets bored and tries to eat the lead. At the weekends and some evenings I take them out together to charge through the woods, but I'm determined to get them both walking nicely so have to divide to conquer wink

Just how good was BastardDog's ignore?

Lots of exercise for you then!

Nah. I'm walking them separately so that he doesn't see Jas's batshit ninja act. Although he did growl at a JRT at the weekend. Until it got close enough to hear him, anyway, then he hid under my SIL's buggy like the wuss he is grin

MissStrawberry Mon 17-Jun-13 21:09:38

<watches StrawberryCat1 going loopy and wonders if a dog would have been better. StrawberryCat2 is all wtf>

I trust Jas isn't teaching the new puppy bad ways?

Ooh huskies. Baaaaad.

Poor you. BastardDog did quite a good ignore tonight.

<relieved>

Didn't have time, Exit. It was one of those turn a corner and 'Aaaarggghhh! Dog! Nemesis husky! Oh, he's ignoring...shit, no he isn't' moments. Totally my fault, and would have gone differently if the path had been wider and he could have easily passed.

I know all about lungworm, LEM. I don't let him eat them, he just does. The minger.

You didn't put him on the lead shock

You were brave. And hopeful.

and wrong

LEMisdisappointed Mon 17-Jun-13 20:55:25

lungworm Sorry, its an advert, but just making you aware

LEMisdisappointed Mon 17-Jun-13 20:53:36

Jasper must NOT eat snails - if he does, you must have him treated against lungworm!

Jasper eats snails <irrelevant>

Oh well. Tomorrow is another day <fixed grin>

Lilcamper Mon 17-Jun-13 20:46:35

Giant Snails, horrible creatures.....lay HUNDREDS of eggs that have to be frozen or you end up with HUNDREDS of baby snails.

But their roll over is shit grin

tabulahrasa Mon 17-Jun-13 19:21:53

s'pose, also their Stay is awe inspiring grin

Yeah. But I bet recall is a cake walk with snails. If they ignore you, you can just casually stroll over a few hours later and pick them up from 3 feet away.

tabulahrasa Mon 17-Jun-13 18:04:20

I have cats...it's really no better - and they don't even have the decency to come and gaze at you adoringly every so often so that you forgive them.

I'm not sure about snails, but I suspect they might be quite hard to train? I mean how do you know if they're trying to do something?

You know, where you consider the wonders of cat ownership. Or maybe Giant Snails or something.

Jas was good as gold all day, walked on a loose lead (mostly), recalled without the squeaky ball etc, and then we came face to face with one of his many nemesisisisisisises as we walked through the woods. A husky male on lead. We couldn't easily walk around, and the husky was dancing about on his lead meaning that his owner had to dig her heels in. I called Jas to the side so they could pass, I should have just put his sodding lead on, but it was too close and he lunged. Lots of noise and flashing teeth which looks awful but never quite connects. I apologised while running off so that Jas would follow me. My fault, and I could kick myself.

The puppy decided to try a spot of gardening. So he dug up my delphinium and all of DS2's vegetable garden. He helpfully brought it all inside and shredded it under the kitchen table. When I attempted to retrieve the long strands of corn plant from his mouth, he swallowed them whole and then barfed all over the rug. Stringy.

They are now sunbathing on the trampoline, no doubt plotting their next evil assault on my sanity/house. Cute little buggers, though <sigh>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now