What am I looking for? Is there such a thing as doggy daycare?

(14 Posts)

You have a My Petstop don't you? I'm sure but your dog would have to be assessed for their service but if they think your dogs fine for it you won't know yourself!!

Ziggyzoom Tue 18-Jun-13 11:28:56

Thanks - I asked around and a friend has recommended someone. He is coming to visit, so provided our springer doesn't show us up, we should be sorted. I'll get back to you if the visit is a disaster!

mistlethrush Tue 18-Jun-13 09:51:52

Ziggy - there's a couple of people that walk up at Golden Acre regularly (dog walkers) that also do pet sitting that should be able to help out - I also know some other dog walkers that might be able to take him for the day - again north leeds ish - but if you're prepared to drop him first thing, might not be a problem

flowery Tue 18-Jun-13 09:46:46

Our springer goes to doggy day care once a week. It's fab. They go on long walks, do agility and other games, have a quiet room and sofas for him to lie on (not that he does very much due to the excitement of other dogs to play with), and a grooming parlour so even if he rolls in something unpleasant, they give him a bath and he comes back all clean.

The only slight downside is that with ours I have to drop him off and pick him up.

The kennels we use when we're away also do a daycare option so that might be worth looking into if there's not a specific daycare near you.

mrsjay Tue 18-Jun-13 09:06:22

I might book some time for myself!

me too quiet rooms tv people pandering to every whim sounds bliss grin

FadBook Tue 18-Jun-13 06:25:06

I know someone in the midlands / Staffordshire.

Ask around, google 'dog sitters' or 'dog walkers' and check at your local vets (that's where they'll advertise)

Expect to pay more than kennels.

Ziggyzoom Mon 17-Jun-13 22:58:54

I might book some time for myself!

mrsjay Mon 17-Jun-13 22:41:27

there is an actual doggy daycare near me apparently they have quiet rooms and couches and time out rooms it is bonkers, grin some kennels do day care though ask around for good kennels the one we use do pick ups and drop offs,

Ziggyzoom Mon 17-Jun-13 18:31:05

Thanks, I will ask around. Good to know I'm not being unrealistic!

I'm in West Sussex and use doggy daycare once a week to back up training.
Drop him off at 7, pick up anytime up til 7pm

We have a doggie day care here in N Somerset - they pick the mutt up at 8 and drop him home at 6 - overnights if needed. Not cheap but FAB! Good luck...

PipkinsPal Mon 17-Jun-13 17:37:19

I live in Swansea and my friend's dog goes to doggy day care a couple of days a week when she is working a long shift. He loves it. It's a creche for dogs grin

claricebeansmum Mon 17-Jun-13 17:34:47

There are definitely such people about! Our dog walker often has our dog for a day - he takes her for a walk, she chills at his house and then he will drop her back.

Recommendations are best - perhaps any dog walking buddies might be able to help?

Ziggyzoom Mon 17-Jun-13 17:29:46

It's my 40th in a couple of weeks - I know, I don't look it grin. I am not confident that our 12 month old springer will behave himself amongst the barbecue meats and over-excited children! I would love him to be there but I don't think it is in anyone's best interests!

I don't want to put him in an overnight kennels, but I want more than just a dog walker. I there such a thing as doggy daycare, where they will walk them and fuss over them and then drop them home when the party's over?

Anyone who might be able to have him is coming to the party. I'm in Leeds if anyone knows of any specific companies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now