thoughts on puppy name!

(8 Posts)
fairimum Sat 15-Jun-13 19:06:10

Is Loki (low-key - norse god of mischief and change) for our new boy puppy too close to our daughter Lucy?

DramaAlpaca Sat 15-Jun-13 19:08:47

No it's fine. Good doggy name!

lastnightiwenttomanderleyagain Sun 16-Jun-13 10:02:07

Hi, I think that Loki is a great name for a dog as well as reminding me that it's been years since I saw Dogma

However, I do think that it might be a little similar to your daughters name. This is nothing to do with what others might think, but purely practical. Both are two syllables and other than the hard k, could sound similar, especially if called out and emphasis placed on the end 'iiiiiiii'. I suppose I'm thinking that, if you're out somewhere like the park and want to call one of them, it might be confusing for the other. Alternatively, if they both come running, this may actually be an advantage!!!

Good luck with the new dog.

lastnightiwenttomanderleyagain Sun 16-Jun-13 10:05:06

P.S. We've gone for 'Otto' for our new pup, he's a Dachshund so we thought something Bavarian was appropriate. Husband is a history teacher so we've ended up with, courtesy of a class of 14 year old boys, Otto von Bisbark...!

LadyTurmoil Sun 16-Jun-13 11:58:54

Love Otto von Bisbark! grin

LadyTurmoil Sun 16-Jun-13 13:11:38

I like the name Loki but it is quite similar to your daughter's name. My name is actually Clare and my daughter is Kate - we often get collectively called "Clate" by my OH!

FeegleFion Sun 16-Jun-13 13:23:35

Cracking name! Norse god of mischief, isn't he? grin

34DD Sun 16-Jun-13 14:22:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now