Morning whining

(9 Posts)
muchovino Sat 15-Jun-13 08:27:04

Dear pooch currently sleeps in the kitchen/lounge in his basket, however recently has been whining and scratching at the door more and more, sometimes before 6.30am which is not even get up time in the week let alone at the weekend. Any tips as it is very annoying and constantly wakes the family up! He doesn't need to go out so I am thinking maybe being needy/separation anxiety although he is 7 so should have grown out of that by now! TIA

littlewhitebag Sat 15-Jun-13 10:45:19

You are lucky, my young lab whines any time from around 4.45am. Many a morning I have been walking her around 5am. I think the light mornings and the birds tweeting wakes her. This week she has been a little better lasting till around 6am. <yawn>

mrsjay Sat 15-Jun-13 11:33:35

oh i have a thread about this I wish id read this first I have no clue though mine is doing the same

bubble2bubble Sat 15-Jun-13 13:36:01

Mine did this for a week or so as the mornings were so light - around 5.30. First couple of mornings I went down as I thought something was wrong. Then I realised if I did this they would think it was OK to get up this time - duhh - so I ignored it and they went back to normal time again after a few days of me sleeping with a pillow over my head to drown out the whining and door scraping

mrsjay Sat 15-Jun-13 13:40:32

I think I might need to do the same with mine I took himou this morning at daft o clock and he did do a HUGE pee but he normally is fine I think maybe the birds are annoying him we have a few nests about the place ,

muchovino Sun 16-Jun-13 08:31:33

Dear pooch has also been barking hysterically in the morning at the squirrel he can see from the window, so I did an experiment last night and put him in another room which is darker, however still started whining at 6am which turned into proper barking at 6.50am. It is like Russian roulette - who will wake up first, ds or the dog!!

mrsjay Sun 16-Jun-13 10:59:34

oh he barked most of the night we are all shattered well except the bloody dog he is zedded I am about to poke wake him up and take him out DH got up and let him out of his crate at 6 , I think I am going to have to rethink the crate he is obviously objecting to it now I am going to get the rescue behaviourist a ring later and see what she suggests

Isandri Sun 16-Jun-13 20:51:57

My old boy did this at 3am this morning. Turns out it was the dawn chorus.

muchovino Sun 16-Jun-13 22:13:31

Oh well, only another couple of weeks and the nights will start drawing in!
shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now