Is my dog properly in season?

(5 Posts)
oliviasfriend Sat 15-Jun-13 13:06:35

Thanks idirdog and Yoni. I called the trainer at 8.30 and he said she was fine and not properly in season yet. We went along to the training where there were 2 dogs and they weren't interested in her. However I think we may be missing the next 3 weeks of training as she will probably be in season by next Saturday if she starts to bleed by then.

Thanks again.

Yonididnaedaethat Sat 15-Jun-13 09:22:20

A bit late now but I start the 3 weeks from the 1st spot of blood, I currently have 2 in season so it'll be garden walkies for the next few weeks.

idirdog Sat 15-Jun-13 09:02:59

Speak to the dog trainer. Some do not mind dogs in season as it works as a good distraction for the other dogs to be trained to. Others will have a heart attack if you take the dog in season smile

It sounds as if she is in season and could miss classes for 3 weeks sad if they are not happy with her being there.

oliviasfriend Sat 15-Jun-13 08:12:13

Anybody around this morning? Supposed to leave in an hour. Thanks

oliviasfriend Fri 14-Jun-13 22:17:26

Our nearly 8 month old puppy is coming into season and as she's our first dog and first experience of a season, wanted to ask for advice:

Her back end has been looking puffy for some weeks which I know is a sign and just the past 4 or 5 days her bits are changing and looking more swollen. No bleeding yet.

I have dog training with her in the morning and wondered whether I should avoid taking her. A friend of mine said this stage can last for weeks and to avoid taking her out when she starts bleeding and for 3 weeks after that. Is this correct? I'm half way through doing a 6 week level training with her with an assessment at the end which I don't want to miss unnecessarily but obviously will if she is getting into a dangerous time to be out and about.

Many thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now