Another deworming question, cost

(9 Posts)
AdoraBell Thu 16-May-13 23:29:36

Thanks Lonecat and everyone else, really helpful info.

Yes, I understand the weight affects the required dose and so the cost. I'll be treating 3 large and one small German shepherds, if we ever sell this house and move.

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 16-May-13 19:06:38

For most adult German shepherds you need 2 Milbemax adult, 3 to 5 regular Drontal or 2 Drontal plus XL. Your are looking in the region of £10 for anyone of those combinations in the south of England. Weight of dog is important to give an accurate price.

chocomolic Thu 16-May-13 17:13:20

It costs me about £4 for milbemax per quarter, dog has never had worms so presume it works!

AdoraBell Thu 16-May-13 16:59:58

Thank you everyone, that gives me something to work from.

I think I pay around £5 every 3 months for milbemax for Jas. He's 15kg.

Bakingtins Thu 16-May-13 16:52:37

Drontal plus XL tablet for dogs weighing approx 35kg - about £6 online (without prescription) probably about £10 from your vet. Drontal does all the intestinal worms but does not cover lungworm, the only tablet wormer that does is milbemax but you would have to use it monthly, or advocate spot on, also monthly.

Floralnomad Thu 16-May-13 16:50:17

For not of ( bloody iPad)

Floralnomad Thu 16-May-13 16:49:40

I think I paid about £48 for a 6 pack of Advocate ,that's the 10-20 kg one . A Drontal or Milbemax tablet is a couple of pounds every 3 months . The advocate is a monthly thing of fleas and worms .

AdoraBell Thu 16-May-13 16:44:53

Can anyone tell me roughly how much deworming costs using vet supplied treatment in the UK?

I know it can vary, but thinking 1 treatment for all UK parasites for an adult German shepherd.

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now