Poorly dog

(4 Posts)
KittensoftPuppydog Mon 29-Apr-13 16:02:22

For future reference, White rice with boiled chicken (no fat) when our dog has been starved for a day always puts her right. Gradually mix in doggie dinner.

Thanks pink. He's ok today (just a bit tired) so think it was just a combo of everything yesterday. We're well used to the colitis unfortunately.

pinkpaws Sun 28-Apr-13 19:05:00

Hi no food for 24 hours just water . colitis needs looking at needs a vist to vet

DH and I were out for most of today so BIL was dogsitting. He has looked after Bailey a good few times before so knows him well.

He took him for a walk on the beach this morning followed by taking him to in-laws where he played with their Golden for a while. BIL said he ate a little bit of dog poo on the beach this morning (which he doesn't normally do - every other kind of poo yes, but dog no) but was otherwise fine.

He's just done a liquid poo, is drooling slightly more than normal and has slight tear staining. He also seems unable to settle, he's on the floor, moves to his bed, goes on the couch and repeat. He just seems down in himself (although when DH turned on the outside tap he played with the water like usual)

We think he's probably just overdone the exercise (he's just recovered from his 4th bout of colitis about 3 weeks ago) but any other advice?? He's my PFD and I can't help worrying!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now