will this be the beginning of the end

(54 Posts)
furbaby Tue 23-Apr-13 21:06:12

Our darling staffy who we have had since a pup has been slowing down , he is now 12 .
He seems hungry all the time after a tummy bug about a month ago .
He has lost 4 kilos in weight sad
Took him to very nice vet today who said he was anemic ..... she has done full bloods and we have an appointment tomorrow night to talk about the results .
Vet is saying he could be bleeding internally from a cancer sad
Don, t think life will ever be the same if we lost him... just can, t believe it as we have a 16 year old staffy as well and always thought she would go before him .
He is our life , he is our son and brother for our dd .
We are both gutted and worried about what tomorrow will bring , vet is talking scans after blood test but how far do you go to save your pet without it being about you and how far do you go so they don, t suffer . The whole family love this dog soooo much .

furbaby Tue 14-May-13 20:35:00

Thank you . I will check it out , can, t go on like this , poor hubby is as upset as me .
He is such a strong person usually and never crys but he keeps breaking down saying he can, t cope anymore .
Did, nt help that we had a letter from work today (we work together) from big boss saying he was very unhappy that we had booked 3 days holiday off work at short notice and that we were letting the company down ..... sad us blubbering at work would not be a good look and its not like they could, nt manage without us (big company) .
Thank you so much for hugs smile
The family have been great but no one can bring our boy back sad

EasyToEatTiger Tue 14-May-13 21:06:30

Horrid for you, furbaby. Some people trivialise a death in the family. Well done both of you for taking leave. Don't beat yourself up! Either of you.

furbaby Tue 14-May-13 21:30:30

I downloaded dogs trust info ... thank you it helped as it described just how I am feeling now . I realise that with time I can some how learn to live without him .
Its daft as we have had weeks to prepare ourselves for loosing him but he was so special and don, t think either of us realised how hard it would be .
Boss is an arse , do hope he does, nt call us in office when we go back sad

furbaby Tue 21-May-13 20:05:20

Vets rang today to say darling boys ashes are with them ....... more upset sad don, t know if I am strong enough to face picking up our angel in a box .
Not looking forward to bill either , vets out to house on sunday and cremation costs don, t think we will get much change out of £500 .
But hey he was worth it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now