Just for fun . . . name that breed

(95 Posts)
Takver Tue 02-Apr-13 22:15:03

As above - post a pic on your profile, others to name the breed/s.

If you know from previous threads what they are, don't say! As a starter for 10, I've put some pictures of ddog smile No prizes for guessing that he is a bit of a mixture . . . but what???

What's mine?!

Takver Wed 03-Apr-13 18:34:48

twoface, can't see your pictures . . .?

Is it working now?

Takver Wed 03-Apr-13 20:13:01

Yes, he's very cute too smile Staffie x Jack russell?

MothershipG Wed 03-Apr-13 22:53:32

Itsnot - schnauzer x?

Twoface - staffy?

Can you guess mine? smile

poorpaws Wed 03-Apr-13 23:22:54

I can't guess any but I'm loving the photos.

Gorgeous dog crossed with beautiful dog smile

Slavetothechild Thu 04-Apr-13 00:55:14

How about guessing my one ...not as obvious as you would think. He is from a mistake mating at our kennels !!!ooopps

MothershipG Thu 04-Apr-13 07:51:41

Slave My first guess would be lab x cocker but seeing as that looks like an Irish setter behind him I'm going with Irish x lab.

MrsZoidberg Thu 04-Apr-13 10:27:49

I guessed Malamute due to his beautiful cute face. It's the back end that's confusing me, he's very like our white GSD boy but the hair doesn't quite sit in the same shape.

When do you put us out of our misery?

Takver Thu 04-Apr-13 10:51:36

Malamute is very close - he's actually Husky x Podenco Andaluz smile

I thought the husky bit would be easy, as lots of people spot that in RL but maybe it doesn't show so much in the photo. He does a great impression of a white wolf when he's in the mood (other times a better impression of a teddy bear grin )

There's some 'proper' podencos here. This quote from a rescue newsletter looking for homes makes me sad because it is so sadly true.

"If a podenco itself could choose between a life in Spain on a short chain, vegetative in the burning sun, often without food or water, often abused , only being released for hunting for between 12 to 25 days or a life in a forever adopted home with love, care and attention every day food, long walks and an own basket where do you think a podenco would choose?!"

MrsZoidberg Thu 04-Apr-13 11:16:01

Oh that's sad sad

He is gorgeous though, I should of got Husky as I have one grin but we think she's crossed with Lurcher so doesn't have a thick coat.

I love the "wolf" howls, I hope he talks too grin

Slavetothechild Thu 04-Apr-13 11:26:16

Mother yes the Irish setter bit is right but what's the mummy !!!!

Takver Thu 04-Apr-13 12:15:33

YY he definitely 'talks'! We were very uncertain about taking him on tbh because of the husky part, but he is now 13 and really he's been the perfect farm dog, you couldn't imagine a better.

Takver Thu 04-Apr-13 12:16:02

Slave - collie x setter?

Slavetothechild Thu 04-Apr-13 16:06:21

Takver noooooo !! Lol

Slavetothechild Thu 04-Apr-13 23:16:22

Same group as his daddy smile

Takver, those podencos are lovely!
Will see if I can get a picture up of our overgrown lap dog.

I have done so, it should not be hard though the quality of the photo might make it harder!

Takver Fri 05-Apr-13 09:08:20

Hmm, not sure if it is just me, but I"m only getting questionmarks, no photos, Maggie.

Fenton Fri 05-Apr-13 09:55:03

Me too, summat's up with everyone's photos now for me confused

I shall take a look in site stuff if there's a problem.

Still no joy on the photo front?

Fenton Fri 05-Apr-13 14:44:34

Nope, I posted thread in site stuff but no-ones looked at it yet.

Fenton Fri 05-Apr-13 14:45:20

Ooh actually they're back!

Fenton Fri 05-Apr-13 14:47:35

He looks lovely Maggie, is he chocolate Lab at all?

MrsBungle Fri 05-Apr-13 14:49:49

I think my young man is showing on my profile. I shall go off and try to guess everyone else's!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now