Garlic?

(7 Posts)
AdoraBell Sun 31-Mar-13 18:45:20

Forgot to freeze homemade burgers and this time I didn't use onion, but they do have garlic. Can I give them to the dogs?

isitsnowingyet Sun 31-Mar-13 18:50:54

You could try. Our dog has a very 'sensitive' stomach when it comes to garlic, and will guff terrible smells for at least 2 days after! He is a little weird though.

scarfaceace Sun 31-Mar-13 18:57:10

I make liver and garlic treats for our dog and she loves them. It depends on your dog.

AdoraBell Sun 31-Mar-13 19:11:25

Thanks, mine seem happy to wolf down anything - I just wasn't sure if garlic is safe for them.

foolonthehill Sun 31-Mar-13 21:07:55

I think the advice is usually to avoid both onion and garlic.......

www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+1659&aid=1030

scarfaceace Sun 31-Mar-13 22:12:28

I first came across the garlic and liver treats at our dog training sessions - they used to make them and sell to us dog owners. I would think moderation is the key.

AdoraBell Mon 01-Apr-13 03:25:53

Thanks again, they hardly ever get anything I've mixed, and it was the left over half from a kilo of beef with 2 garlic cloves, split between 3 dogs. I'm thinking that was probably sufficiently moderate, anyway they've enjoyed it and will be back on their normal food in the morning they won't like that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now