I'm enjoying this!

(4 Posts)
HelgatheHairy Thu 28-Mar-13 17:42:00

95% of the time I walk the puppy by myself. He's an 11 month Golden Retriever. 4% of the time DH comes with us at the weekend. Tonight due to the fact I am shattered tired (am 5 months pregnant) DH has taken him by himself.

I'm sitting on the couch by myself eating a scone and I'm loving it!! I can't remember the last time I was home alone. Wonder how often I can get away with this!

Floralnomad Thu 28-Mar-13 18:07:45

You're lucky ,no one else walks our family dog . My husband will walk him if I'm actually out of the country ( but won't let him off lead ) , my daughter has CCF so can't walk him( fair enough) ,my son won't walk him because he won't pick up poo ! Occasionally my son will take him for a drive in the car ,which the dog really enjoys because they usually take in a Macdonalds drive thru ! The dog is lucky that I like walking him or he'd never get any exercise .

Strangely, it's one of the few things I miss from my previous, dog free life! Being totally on my own in the house. Dh does a walk or two at the weekend but I do all the rest, the kids being home then anyway.

Enjoy the peace and rest up!

HelgatheHairy Thu 28-Mar-13 19:57:35

To be fair, he's usually really good so not too difficult to have around, it's just nice to be able to eat something without pleading eyes looking at me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now