Best teething toy for puppy?

(7 Posts)
BetterOnACamel Tue 26-Mar-13 09:49:54

I had an apple in a sock for my dog when she was a puppy. You could tie the open end to something like a table leg or the crate. Also, to help with the sore gums I made her some ice-cubes out of chicken stock which she liked to munch and they seemed to give her relief (of course it was summer at the time and she'd be happy sitting in the garden munching ice!).

Owllady Tue 26-Mar-13 09:45:33

Mine likes her nylon bone but they are all different. She chewed one of those ball thrower things to pieces

Kong make tough fabric toys as well as the stuffable rubber things. We've got one of the canvas ones with dangly ends. Mines not much of a chewer so hers is still intact but it does seem as though it would take a fair bit of gnawing.

www.kongcompany.com/en-uk/products/for-dogs/wubba/

Marne Sat 23-Mar-13 18:36:22

Than you, will see what i can find tomorrow when i go shopping. He sleeps in his crate and has a soft dog bed/matress and a blanet, both have been chewed up.

Mine loves his Stag bar.

Floralnomad Sat 23-Mar-13 17:49:32

My dog is 3 and has never grown out of chewing fabric . All fabric toys get destroyed in minutes and he no longer has dog beds because he ruins them almost immediately. His bed is now 3 blankets in a pile on a carpeted floor and the blankets are all holey . He will also chew any washing left on the floor ,so I have to be very careful with him . The only real improvement is that he no longer jumps up to steal clothes off the washing line . He only likes kongs if that are full of peanut butter but he does have a large pile of Stag bars and various flavoured Nylon bones which he likes .

Marne Sat 23-Mar-13 17:23:42

Pup has been qute good up until now with chewing (has not chewed much up), ha's now almost 20 weeks old and has started to shred his bed and blankets and lies to munch on he metal bowl.

He has a kong but doesn't really chew on it, he seems to like fabric to chew on. Can anyone reccomend a good toy for him to chew on (in hope to stop him chewing up the rest of his bed)?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now