What do you do with your doggy do do's? ( in your garden)

(23 Posts)
SpicyPear Tue 12-Mar-13 13:27:41

Where I live it's quite looked down upon to use a carrier bag smile The naice folk have a little poo bag dispenser on the lead.

AdoraBell Tue 12-Mar-13 13:07:00

Thanks for that Spicy, we may be moving back so I'll keep those in mind.

SpicyPear Tue 12-Mar-13 13:05:06
AdoraBell Tue 12-Mar-13 03:26:15

'scuse me, may I ask please, what's a poo bag? never seen anything special for the job over here. we just put the poo in a biodegradable carrier bag and then into the dustbin

FreshLeticia Fri 08-Mar-13 09:03:36

and please don't put dog poo in the council green waste, it carries pathogens which may not be killed by the composting process. Councils sell their green waste compost to the public, who may use them on allotments and then eat the veg. You could make them very ill.

Pantah630 Thu 07-Mar-13 11:23:09

Red bins have a special collection, I suspect, don't know for sure, that its incinerated rather than landfill.

Pantah630 Thu 07-Mar-13 11:22:00

DH collects into a carrier bag, kept by back gate, then walks up the park and puts in the red dog poo bin, when its full to bursting When I was growing up we used to lift the large sewer drain cover in the garden and wash it away with the washing machine water that Mum collected in a butt.
Pretty sure you shouldn't be putting it in the garden waste bin, normally land fill ok though but confused at all the plastic bags full of shit, plastic takes years to biodegrade, dog shit doesn't.

mrsjay Thu 07-Mar-13 10:54:45

My DDog has taken to heading into the stream at the bottom of our garden when we set off on our walks, maybe she gets a bottom wash at the same time as doing her business!

ooo doggy bidet grin who empties the red bins then is there a special pick up for them confused mine always goes in the garden never poos on walks

Poo bags and in the outside bin. The one that is collected every other week.

My DDog has taken to heading into the stream at the bottom of our garden when we set off on our walks, maybe she gets a bottom wash at the same time as doing her business!

Also she disappears into/under the hedgerows. She is quite private about her business.... fine by me, less to pick up!

mrsjay Thu 07-Mar-13 10:46:53

I bag and bin it are you not supposed too confused OP maybe the poo bag was just stuck to the bottom of the bin rather than the bin man not emptying it IYSWIM

WishIdbeenatigermum Thu 07-Mar-13 08:06:57

spicy fill a container with yogurt dregs and water and pour it in. It'll encourage it. I'm sure it will be fine after a few weeks rest.
What fun!!!

poachedeggs Thu 07-Mar-13 07:32:03

Please don't leave or throw dog poo in fields where livestock ever graze. Dogs carry a parasite which can cause abortion and infertility in cattle.

SpicyPear Wed 06-Mar-13 22:54:56

I have a dog loo and it worked well over summer but then it started freezing! I haven't dared take the lid off for weeks now blush Now have a small dog poo bin that I put bags in. When main kitchen bin bag is almost full I seal up the bag of poo bags and put it i just before I empty it.

VivaLeBeaver Wed 06-Mar-13 22:11:55

I've always put it in the wheelie bin. In a carrier bag then in the bin. I always thought that's what most people would do.

My old neighbour used to lift his manhole cover in the garden and chuck it in the sewer.

WishIdbeenatigermum Wed 06-Mar-13 19:36:53

I have a dog loo like the one you linked to OP. It's been happily there for 2+ years. Not every poo my dog does ends up there- lots are bagged and disposed of in the park, and I feed it occasionally with warm water and yogurt envy << boak face.

We double bag and put them in the council bin at the bottom of our front garden. Council allows dog poo properly bagged in ordinary bins. V handy. Now just need to train pooch to poo in the same place!

I sometimes flush them down the loo too

abbyfromoz Wed 06-Mar-13 19:30:05

My DH (who i responsible for this job) had a sealed bin outside with a garden waste liner.... The doo doo goes in there with any other leaves/garden debris. It goes out when the council does a garden waste collection.

Sunshinewithshowers Wed 06-Mar-13 18:58:33

Well, I didnt want admit it but I always put mine in poo bags, then a carrier bag, then the main bin.

But the binmen left the bag of poo today in the bottom of the bin blush

I have seen these www.petsathome.com/shop/clean-green-dog-loo-by-good-boy-13838

I will hide it better next week on bin day I think!

Cavort Wed 06-Mar-13 18:38:50

We bag individual ones and put in a separate dog poo bin which we then empty into a big bag when full and put in the main bin.

clarelou13 Wed 06-Mar-13 18:36:45

I was thinking this earlier! I need to get out more. I pick them up in poo bags and bin them too.

rubyrubyruby Wed 06-Mar-13 18:31:32

Poo bag in the dustbin.
or chuck them in the field next door

littlewhitebag Wed 06-Mar-13 18:19:59

I pick them up in poo bags then bin them. What other options are there? Why does it matter if the bin men know?

Sunshinewithshowers Wed 06-Mar-13 17:33:39

Do you use dog poo bags, then put it in the dustbin?

Will the binmen know!

Im not sure where I should put it. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now