Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

Glass in dogs paw!

(6 Posts)
ClaimedByMe Sun 03-Mar-13 10:01:14

Woke up this morning to a limping dog and after much poking and prodding as there was nothing obvious we saw a wee bit of glass in her paw, she is fine in herself and still eating, I have phoned the vet and dp is taking her down at 10.20, just looking for advice and sympathy sad

lovemydogs Sun 03-Mar-13 20:03:40

hiya
both my dogs have had this more than once and each time they had to have a general in order to get it out - it was always a teeny sliver so impossible for me to even see and always quite deep - I get quite worked up about the amount of broken glass around - obviously if I see it, I avoid it but there is loads and it is the tiny shards that you can't see. Good luck. Did you get it all out - is she ok now? xxx

Good luck, hope its ok for you guys.

Floralnomad Sun 03-Mar-13 21:21:24

I'd like to know why this sort of thing always happens on a Sunday or a bank holiday !

ClaimedByMe Mon 04-Mar-13 07:53:56

The vet thinks he got it all out, she has stopped limping, chewing and licking the paw, he said to bring her back in a few days if she starts limping again and they will give her a general and slice open her paw and have a look about.

Floral I have no idea, they last time she needed the vet was on a sunday too, she had taken a reaction to something on her paws after having her in the fields, thankfully today the nice kind vet didnt charge us a penny smile

Floralnomad Mon 04-Mar-13 12:28:47

That is a nice kind vet ! Glad she's feeling better .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now