I desperately want a puppy....

(10 Posts)
Doowrah Fri 01-Mar-13 13:54:50

I will consider any type in small-medium range. I have had dogs before and can offer a good, loving home. Anyone out there with a male pup?

CalamityKate Fri 01-Mar-13 14:01:29

Plenty on dogsblog.

D0oinMeCleanin Fri 01-Mar-13 14:06:20

These people rehome country wide

DogsBlog

GRACE ave Sasha who is lovely

MTAR always have lots of youngsters

Dogs Trust have local waiting lists, if you contact them. Scruples Whippet Rescue seem to get a lot of pups too.

CalamityKate Fri 01-Mar-13 14:23:20

Just been on Dogsblog and there are loads I could bring home!

Is it just me, or are a high proportion of Romanian strays absolutely beautiful?! I know it's all subjective and I do find collie shaped dogs prettier anyway but there are some gorgeous beautifully coloured pups on there.

LadyTurmoil Fri 01-Mar-13 15:03:15

Can add a few more: Heathlands in Hertfordshire, Four Paws, Hope Rescue, Wagtails Rescue (Essex), South East Dog Rescue, Oldies Club, Many Tears, Pro Dogs Direct (South East England), Hillside Animal Sanctuary (Norfolk), Ravenswood Dog Rescue, Dog Friends, Bath Dogs and Cats Home, Black Retriever Rescue, Mayflower Animal Sanctuary, you can google Dogpages and get a list of rescues in your particular part of the country. I found all these through Google, most of them have Facebook pages as well.

If you are willing to rescue a dog from abroad there are so many rescues operating in Spain like SOS Animals UK, RSDR in Bulgaria, Action Aid for Animals in Romania, Sirius Dog Sanctuary and Desperate Greekies as well as rescues in Cyprus - they are all helping to home dogs in UK and other European countries. They often have puppies (as do all the UK rescues) You will often find that dogs on Dogsblog have often been rehomed - they don't seem to keep it very up-to-date.

Iamaslummymummy Fri 01-Mar-13 18:59:58

My Romanian collie/lab something has just run past me with a piece of raw broccoli. Therefore I'm biased grin i recommend action aid for animals

LadyTurmoil Fri 01-Mar-13 19:26:47

Nice one slummy!

issey6cats Fri 01-Mar-13 20:56:33

at the moment cyprus pride house where i got my dog from have 6 puppies who are looking for homes would be ready around april, 3 of them are pure white chihuahua crosses and the other three are small collie crosses absolutely georgous look on facebook for june and micheals page they fly over to heathrow and come with passport, neutered, vaccinated, vet checked though the cost is higher than getting a rescue from uk, these dogs have been rescued from appalling conditions, wilma the chi cross was found at the side of a busy road pregnant, and the collie cross mom had her pups in a road drain and it took june a whole day to get her and the pups out of the drain

issey6cats Fri 01-Mar-13 21:00:18
issey6cats Fri 01-Mar-13 21:01:33

link to thier main page above

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now