ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Cocking his leg and other stuff - surely not at 18 weeks?

(7 Posts)

Just a query really, casting aside the ongoing eye injury!

Puppy is displaying signs (apart from the obvious) of 'growing a pair'!

They are as follow (as I say, aside from the obvious)

1. Been leg cocking for a week or so now. Scent marked like a bugger today.
2. Far more confident with other dogs, boisterous play, bit more 'in your face'.
3. More stamina for sure.
4. Buggered off yesterday in the park - never ever has he not come back when called. He went off to play with a new friend and the two young lads kept him there as they could hear me calling him frantically in the woods.
5. In the garden today 'On His Own', I was in the kitchen. He has never every been brave enough to attempt such a feat smile
6. A few other small things, but generally 'testing' a bit.

Is that a bit young for the teenage years? Just wondered.

Thanks smile

SpicyPear Wed 27-Feb-13 19:24:36

I had the same. Pup cocked his leg from when we got him at 9 weeks. Around the same age as your pup his recall went to pot. What breed is he again?

He's a Springer Spicy. Thanks for the reply. I just thought adolescence was a bit later than 18 weeks I guess! smile

SpicyPear Wed 27-Feb-13 20:11:03

Okay so medium sized. I wasn't sure if it could properly be called adolescence but it's exactly what happened here. I think I read it described as a "flight" stage where they gain independence. Unfortunately I have a terrier who is highly likely to remain "spirited" and "independent".

pinkbear82 Thu 28-Feb-13 17:14:05

Can't really help but I also have a springer - 8 months old. He still squats to wee!! Think this maybe because he spends a lot of time with lady dogs! He's certainly 'developed' in his maleness except when weeing!!

lougle Thu 28-Feb-13 17:43:19

My dog is 1 year 3 months now and still doesn't cock his leg.

Feel cheated, give me back my puppy!

Interesting the variety of ages though. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now