Police visit, false accusations

(94 Posts)
dogslife Tue 26-Feb-13 14:32:45

Have a staffordshire bull terrier, through ongoing problems with the neighbours they have falsely reported us for owning a pitbull (banned breed)

Have a police visit scheduled for next week to determine if he is "of type", have printed out the relevant documents and highlighted things relevant, been in touch with vet and also with DDA watch charity who help people affected by BSL. Is there anything else i could/should be doing. Heartbroken at the thought of losing our pet.

dogslife Sat 16-Mar-13 16:46:33

hi all how are you all doing? not much to update from us. muzzle training going really well. no date for behaviourist or court yet

dogslife Thu 14-Mar-13 10:15:08

Back again, thanks for your kind words chops. ive started putting a bit of money away towards the cost in a tin that you cant open. cant stretch to putting much away at the minute as living off tax credits,am due to have the operation soon so havent gone back to work yet since we lost mum. Every little helps though and it will build up. Our boy is pretty oblivious to everything thats going on, the behaviorist visit should be towards next weekend or the week after so she can see how lovely he is. i just cant believe all this from a daft complaint i wouldnt feel so wronged had he actually done anything wrong but he is so soft!.

Chopstheduck Wed 13-Mar-13 06:25:51

tht is good news! Keep strong, dogslife x

dogslife Tue 12-Mar-13 14:33:12

Right after my general glum attitude im here with some better news today, have managed to access a behaviorist through charity deed not breed. she is going to come to us when it can be arranged and is only charging the petrol costs. massive massive weight off my mind and very grateful.

dogslife Mon 11-Mar-13 13:55:47

Me too water, feeling it now. i was so elated to have him be able to stay at home that i didnt consider just how much it was going to cost at a time we really cant afford it. have spent much nights having a cry now. we will find some way but i honestly dont know how. We are set to lose money through the cuts in April as altho partner works full time its low income. Its just come at the worst possible time where what little money goes in is straight back out again sad feeling really down today. My lovely boy he didnt do a single thing apart from look abit taller than he should.

ToomuchWaternotWine Fri 08-Mar-13 15:01:11

Yay so relieved you get to keep your lovely boy, even under those conditions. Hope your neighbour gets bitten on the arse by karma (or a jack Russell) sometime soon!!

dogslife Fri 08-Mar-13 08:18:45

the neighbour generally does freak me out, I've got the window situation sorted though. I hate this estate wish I could pack up but no such luck.

TomDudgeon Fri 08-Mar-13 08:13:06

Just read the whole thread, glad there was good(ish) news at the end

The one thing I thought of was that you have a creepy neighbour who wants you to be on your own without a dog... That would freak me. But all is ok

dogslife Fri 08-Mar-13 08:11:28

am so pleased he's staying with me its going to be hard enough him going with police the day of court couldnt hack it for a long time. we are like shrek and donkeygrin

Wereonourway Fri 08-Mar-13 07:59:30

Been following the thread with interest.
So glad he is staying at home with you.
I had a staffy who lived to the age of thirteen and he was an absolute joy.
Soft as muck, so so loving and as daft as a brush.
Well done op!

dogslife Fri 08-Mar-13 07:55:03

me neither sad especially due to measurements rather than him actually doing anything but ill do what it takes to keep him sad my best boy

ceres Fri 08-Mar-13 07:47:48

so glad you still have your boy with you.

but how horrible that he is going to have to be tattooed and wear a muzzle for absolutely no reason than being the 'wrong' measurements. the DDA doesn't make any sense to me.

dogslife Fri 08-Mar-13 07:29:29

yep it doessad but better that than lo
se him. he does have a muzzle but so far just in training stages.

tabulahrasa Thu 07-Mar-13 22:59:50

smile that's great news.

Does that mean you're going to have to muzzle him?

dogslife Thu 07-Mar-13 19:57:01

Its looking at the minute that it will be just over the £300 mark but we may as you suggested be able to get some help. its totally worth it to keep our boy though so we will find a way. Thank you all so much for being so lovely smile im glad i posted now was worried.

SpicyPear Thu 07-Mar-13 19:52:46

Do DDA watch have any funds available to help you with the costs? How bad is it in terms of what you are having to fork out for?

So pleased for you. Love staffs. One of my fave ever dogs was a lovely staff called Ron. Xxx

Chopstheduck Thu 07-Mar-13 18:40:31

Oh that is brilliant news, been wondering about you!

Seems very unfair that you have to have to find money cos of some twat of a neighbour but at least your boys is safe. Really pleased for you all.

(Kelly)

dogslife Thu 07-Mar-13 16:53:01

sobbed my heart out last night sad. didn't want to leave him to go bed. he is the best. mildly panicked about the costs but we will find a way
smile

ClaimedByMe Thu 07-Mar-13 16:49:25

Phew what a relief, I have been so worried about you and your staff, I can't imagine what it would be like if anyone took away my baby Staffie.

Hope you are giving her extra cuddles now!

RedwingWinter Thu 07-Mar-13 16:45:04

Yay! I'm so relieved. And I echo Floralnomad in reporting the neighbour to 101 when he harrasses you, because you never know it might come in useful in the future to have a record of it all. (Also he might stop).

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Thu 07-Mar-13 15:58:31

Good news! What a relief - I love Staffs, have only ever met stupid, grinning, softies and I really rate them as a family dog.

Not that I could cope with one though grin

HelgatheHairy Thu 07-Mar-13 15:14:44

I met my first staffy Tuesday (they're not common here in Ireland) and he was lovely. Soo friendly and a big grin and let my 10 month golden sniff him like crazy. I was chatting to the owner and she was saying she generally walks him in places where they don't run into many people cause of other people's reaction. Such a pity.

dogslife Thu 07-Mar-13 14:14:16

he does need to have a tattoo yes that's the only thing left to do which will be done after he is exempted. we have not been cautioned he has been typed purely on some measurements. just glad he is staying here! cost is an issue but we will do it he's my boygrin thanks pear grin grin grin.

SpicyPear Thu 07-Mar-13 14:10:28

Excellent news! It's a shame he has been classified as type but the important thing is he gets to stay with you. Police have this discretion and don't exercise it enough so I'm delighted they have used this option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now