Police visit, false accusations

(94 Posts)
dogslife Tue 26-Feb-13 14:32:45

Have a staffordshire bull terrier, through ongoing problems with the neighbours they have falsely reported us for owning a pitbull (banned breed)

Have a police visit scheduled for next week to determine if he is "of type", have printed out the relevant documents and highlighted things relevant, been in touch with vet and also with DDA watch charity who help people affected by BSL. Is there anything else i could/should be doing. Heartbroken at the thought of losing our pet.

HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Wed 06-Mar-13 13:47:34

Me too best of luck thanks

Good luck xthanksx

dogslife Wed 06-Mar-13 14:05:22

ill be back on by Lunchtime tomorrow u lovely lot. sleeping peacefully now recovering from his op, he is insured, he is chipped. I have a dogs trust membership and have bought a muzzle in case so I have hope x

SpicyPear Wed 06-Mar-13 15:07:13

Thinking of you and your boy. Good luck.

ClaimedByMe Wed 06-Mar-13 17:03:56

Good luck for tomorrow, I am sure it will be fine smile

Good luck. I've just read this, I feel for you.

We have staffies, our neighbour threatened to report us last year for having a dangerous pit bull. They must have changed their minds.

Also, my ds1 gets stopped by the police a lot when he walks the dogs in the evening which is not fun for him.

I hope it all works out for you.

dogslife Wed 06-Mar-13 21:08:12

its so wrong tantrums sad. just can't believe someone would do it with no reason I'd understand if he was dangerous or aggressive but he's not. letter of the vet is brilliant really in depth and supportive. don't want to leave his side tonight just in case sad.

digerd Wed 06-Mar-13 21:10:53

OP
Hope your boy is not too sore tomorrow. This pitbull thing is like a witchhunt.
I haven't seen any, but staffies and staffie crosses and all are very friendly and non-aggressive where I live.
One large dog frightened a young woman I was speaking to, but I walked on towards him and owner and he was a big SOFTIE. I shouted to her that he was, but she wouldn't go near him.

It is not the size and shape of the head, it is the nature of the dog.
Are the police coming Friday?

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Wed 06-Mar-13 21:16:39

I have no advice, but just wanted to send you lots of good luck vibes.

It sounds like you are doing everything possible and I am sure the outcome will be in your favour.

Your neighbour is a twat.

dogslife Wed 06-Mar-13 21:25:52

tomorrow morning, I agree also my neighbour is a twat. my boy the same people will avoid him but he is soft as anything. big love he is. I feel v well prepared and supported but still worried sick

ToomuchWaternotWine Wed 06-Mar-13 21:34:06

Huge good luck vibes from here too x

dogslife Wed 06-Mar-13 21:35:53

having a cry already , am such a sap. but he's my friend. corny as that sounds

dogslife Thu 07-Mar-13 13:03:25

HES STAYING AT HOME!!! [GRIN]

Due to measurements and as predicted we will have to go to court and he will placed on the exempted dogs register having to adhere to certain conditions but hes staying here!

Thank you for all your good lucks and well wishes x

Floralnomad Thu 07-Mar-13 13:13:56

Great news ! Also do start reporting all your neighbours anti social and harassing behaviours to the 101 number or the local PCSO , they really are interested in this kind of thing and it may help in the future .

SaggyOldClothCatpuss Thu 07-Mar-13 13:22:57

thats wonderful. Tell your awful neighbours to piss right off!

So so pleased for you xx

gymmummy64 Thu 07-Mar-13 13:25:44

grin grin grin

So pleased to hear the news! xx

Yay! grin So, so pleased for you x

Dilemma247 Thu 07-Mar-13 14:00:05

Just out of interest, did you get a caution?
I presume they they have decided be is a pit bull type a d have put him on a schedule 1 notice..
I just wondered if there was an automatic caution
And does he need tattoing?

And .. What a relief!

SpicyPear Thu 07-Mar-13 14:10:28

Excellent news! It's a shame he has been classified as type but the important thing is he gets to stay with you. Police have this discretion and don't exercise it enough so I'm delighted they have used this option.

dogslife Thu 07-Mar-13 14:14:16

he does need to have a tattoo yes that's the only thing left to do which will be done after he is exempted. we have not been cautioned he has been typed purely on some measurements. just glad he is staying here! cost is an issue but we will do it he's my boygrin thanks pear grin grin grin.

HelgatheHairy Thu 07-Mar-13 15:14:44

I met my first staffy Tuesday (they're not common here in Ireland) and he was lovely. Soo friendly and a big grin and let my 10 month golden sniff him like crazy. I was chatting to the owner and she was saying she generally walks him in places where they don't run into many people cause of other people's reaction. Such a pity.

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Thu 07-Mar-13 15:58:31

Good news! What a relief - I love Staffs, have only ever met stupid, grinning, softies and I really rate them as a family dog.

Not that I could cope with one though grin

RedwingWinter Thu 07-Mar-13 16:45:04

Yay! I'm so relieved. And I echo Floralnomad in reporting the neighbour to 101 when he harrasses you, because you never know it might come in useful in the future to have a record of it all. (Also he might stop).

ClaimedByMe Thu 07-Mar-13 16:49:25

Phew what a relief, I have been so worried about you and your staff, I can't imagine what it would be like if anyone took away my baby Staffie.

Hope you are giving her extra cuddles now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now